Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Applied as Platonicsolid. Boates are a nice distraction between diaper changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Just done.

Edit: Cool. Just donated some silver. Not a ton, more when I have more.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Humbaba posted:

I played around a bit last night with the South Carolina and Florida. They were really, really fun. Raining death on people never gets old. (Nor does running into mountains because I'm zoomed in on ships 6 kilometers away.)

Yeah, good times! I try to be more situationally aware. Zoom, rain death, back to normal to maneuver. More like sniping and less like carpet bombing. Seems pubbies just fire as soon as they reload.

Still trying to get the hang of carriers, inclined to think it's not worth it?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Just had a really good run in my Bagley. So many subs just stopping dead, as if then the torpedoes can't see them.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Combination of real life and the grind have reduced my boates time of late. Feel free to drop me if fleet space is needed.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Good fleet battles with goons tonight. I feel like I was the boat anchor of the team, but hey, nice to be had. At least I felt better with a post-fleet match of slaughtering distracted BBs with torpedo salvos.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Has anybody been having crash to desktop issues? Hoping this is a known bug and not a hardware issue.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I got to fleet battles late, and was particularly off. Was stunned I made it so far in that 3 CV match. I think my reflex with DDs is to got for dumb pubbie kills, which doesn't work in fleet battles. Not sure why they didn't torp the crap out of me.

Up to tier 5 on most US lines. Matching a tier 5 CV is nearly impossible, at least when I've tried. Sounds like running elite ships is the best way to get silver?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

We should probably put the Mumble stuff, and some pointers on fleet battles in the OP. I and others have come in rather ignorant, might make FB smoother.

Side note, I see very few British ships out there. Are they all just poo poo, or just too new?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Lockmart Lawndart posted:

Let me know, I'll be on around 9ish

Eastern? I am down, and I'll give it 60/40 on availability.

In other news, I find I'm starting to max out the level for the US tree. Up to the Nevada on BBs, the Ranger on CVs, will buy the Porter once I have the silver. Subs seem to get demonstrably worse at higher levels and I don't enjoy them as much. Time to switch trees, and if so, to where? Japan seems the obvious choice, I've only done enough to get the Fubuki there. Are there gems lying in the British or German trees?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Totally forgot they have an afternoon fleet battle. Will aim to make it this evening.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Just about time for fleet battle, let's go shoot botes!

Late due to babies, plan to join in a bit.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I'll try to make it one babies are sleeping.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I got wedged against the BB we were swarming and stuck going 31 knots...backwards.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

So, fleet battles tonight or will it just be another "get smashed by dark judge" party again?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

BOOM

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Goontron formed!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

By far one of my toughest wins. Matchmaker has a cruel sense of humor.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Fleet battles are up. Just Log and myself so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Danann posted:

I would play with goons more if I knew what time goons would habitually log on to shoot botes.

We had a good run on fleet battles for a while, then they just got impossible to get matches for.

• Locked thread