Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
since this is a chinese game can I buy gold with Subway gift cards?

this is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
So I'm doing the tutorial thing and this ship with the torpedoes is pretty fun. Are Destroyers as painful to play in this as they are in WoWS?

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
welp I applied as GroßJerk

ramming into other boats as a destroyer is p. fun

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Feindfeuer posted:

I guess fleet battles will only be a thing for me on weekends. Bit late (or early) for me during the weekend.

It's not like you missed out on much

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

organburner posted:

I have no idea how to depth charge, how the gently caress do you maneuver your boat right above a submarine?

It's actually really easy. Just make sure you account for the second before it goes off - it has a blast radius but it's small. Drop it right on the shadow on top of the water. You can slow your ship down if you want to angle just right, most subs go half your speed underwater (assuming you're in a DD). You might have some trouble with the smaller German ones, but the Japanese and American subs shouldn't give you any trouble with a bit of practice.

E: ^^^ One thing to remember is that a sub is still spotting you for their BBs. If you aren't confident you will get them on the first pass with the depth charges, listen to this guy and just use torpedoes.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

This should go in the OP :allears:

Thanks for this, will save me a lot of time sifting through the tech trees.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Stevefin posted:

God admit Stanley. What do you think this is? a game?

Reapplied

The real challenge to the game isn't beating Dark Judge tryhards - it's getting into the fleet.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
to people having issues with some of the CLs: stick it out. the CAs are great and fun

they play like pocket battleships with guns to dunk on DDs and CLs and either Torps (IJN) or Depth Charges (US)

fighting enemy BBs is a joke but mostly you're sitting back with your BBs blowing things away from a safe range and splatting the occassional DD or SS that gets cocky and charges your BB line

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Night10194 posted:

It's awesome when you get torpedoed by an allied sub firing at a deep dived enemy sub when you're trying to line up the dunk with the depthcharges.

It's the worst when you and an allied DD are trying to dunk a sub in a confined area and another DD blows his entire torp load at you all from 3.5km away thinking he's helping the situation.

Using depth charges on a sub are so satisfying, but if there is another DD ally anywhere close I just don't bother anymore. The chucklefucks always wait until im quarter speed and right over the sub before blowing 12 torps in my face.

Then to rub it in they yell at you for being in the way of their torps. :suicide:

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone have advice on using Torp Bombers? I've been trying to practice in a Hosho but I'm terrible at them. Subs are no problem, same with the lone BB - but DDs and any type of cruiser are impossible to hit. Either my torps miss by a mile or get shot down.

I've been trying to practice before I decide to take the plunge on an Oyodo or Ise BBV

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Panfilo posted:

-What are the standout ships of each class/nation?

Fubuki at T3. Atlanta at T4. I swear by my T5 Porter, but just because I prefer DD guns over a bunch of torps. Laforey at T6 is insane but premium only

I don't play BB, CV or CA often so there you go.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Mazz posted:

Also buy equipment for ships you plan on keeping, and once you hit like tier 5 you can start buying it for most ships since you'll definitely make the money back before moving on to the next.

Also don't forget camo and your goon pride flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Panfilo posted:

I agree being good with DDs is critical, though I'll admit I'm having a hard time scouting effectively without dying. It's hard to tell if I've been spotted until 3 BBs are all hitting me simultaneously, and I currently don't have any crew that boost vision either

Following what Mazz said, Kaspar Mass is absolutely amazing and is p. much a must have as a DD captain.

Night10194 posted:

Actually playing it more the Konigsberg 1927 owns like hell and bullies DDs all day.

Do you have Otto Autoloader - the reload speed captain? He does disgusting things on the 'berg - especially with that 10% reload equipment.

Pervis posted:

Dive bombers are absolute poo poo, don't use them ever unless all your torpedo bombers have been destroyed.

just set all of your available plane slots to t. bombers - dont even bother with dive bombers at all. you can do this under the maintenance button (where you change your ammo types)

Pervis posted:

I don't think you can set waypoints

hold b while assigning your plane's flightpath

• Locked thread