Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The game can have some strange performance issues. The graphics sometimes look like rear end and other times they look like some combination of high res pixel art and an arcade sprite game.

Really fun game though. Like most Chinese developers they have some great secondary systems built into the game and thankfully they're all fairly well laid out and explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

Wargaming.com don't get what arming time is.

Arming time makes such a huge difference. Torp bombers can't just bukkakke you at will, DDs can do suicide strafing runs, etc.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The tier 6 US BB looks good :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yes!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The German tier 3 BB has something like 8 secondaries per side with a less than 4 second reload time. Mega critted an Omaha with one full secondary broadside into oblivion. I was in a tier 5/6 match where a Pennsylvania (Tier 6 US BB) nuked a Kong from 3k HP down to 200ish HP in one volley.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The grind is about the same. Slows down tier 4/5 which by then you'll know if you want to play the game for fun, or just to watch numbers go up :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's a really amazing sub commander. Congrats :)

Played around with the Atlanta last night and this thing is a godamn murder boat. 1 single volley, if you're lucky, can wipe out a DD. Bonus points if you set of a glorious chain reaction as their magazines cook off :getin:

If you angle properly and have some speed + smoke you can also shank BBs by getting in close and torping them, or if you aim is good firing into their super structure. Definitely going to go down the US CA line now as well because it looks like the higher tier US CAs look very nice.

So far I've gotten to tier 5 in German BBs, and Tier 4 in US CAs, German Subs, Nip/US DDs. I've enjoyed all of the ships quite a lot. Might check out the German CAs via the gold / tier swap thing. Not sure yet :).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

I haven't been too terribly impressed by the German CAs so far. They're basically shittier versions of the Japanese CA line. Really the whole German tree is just kind of lackluster. They're at the spot where they're not unplayable, but they just don't fill any role as well as the other nations.

I was going to make a big sperg post but Grithok is alseep or dead or whatever and I don't remember where sperg_boats.xlsx is. From what I remember off the top of my head German things tend to sit in the middle for both BB/CA with soft stats that appear to favour mid range brawlers. We'll see how things play out.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Klaus88 posted:

Christ, the pubs. Just when you think they can't get any dumber. :shepicide:

Been sunk multiple times by friendly torpedoes.

Dodging friendly fire is the new meta. Or a game of how many people's names can I make blue.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kylra posted:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM.
Seriously though the gun sounds are amazing.

This is why I play BBs as well. Also the whistle sound just before they land, and the sound of explosions when you get a good pen. :black101:

Can't wait for the British ships to come in.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kylra posted:

Whenever I have to look away from the primary salvo I just fired to fire at an oncoming destroyer with my secondaries I cry a little inside.

But then you get the glorious cacophony of your secondaries melting whatever was stupid enough to get in range. Basically the battle ship is an organ of destruction, it's sweet sounds playing the song of death.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
German BBs have the best pen, best deck armor, middle of the pack damage. Their secondaries tend to be a good category larger, and by extension better pen then the others as well. This tend to follow for CAs as well.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerstein posted:

I gave this a brief spin when it came out a few days ago and wasn't too impressed. Looks like the bastard child of Navy Field and World of Warships.

The good thing is that there are way more ships already than in WOWS, but all in all the game seems to have a much milder learning curve and a lot less fidelity. Might try it again for a few rounds before I decide if I want to stick with it until WOWS get their poo poo together.

There are a lot of under the hood differences between the two. Fires , while not deadly in the DOT damage sense of WoT, fires can and will blow you the gently caress up if you ammo cooks off. Same with explosions on your ship, etc. The damage model seems a lot more satisfying in this game. Damage feels more simulation like but the speed of combat is more arcadey.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

Applied as Kampkraft

I really like that even low tier battleships can hit something and not hope that RNGesus is there to save them that day.

I might have "accidentally" cleared the applications. If you didn't get, once more unto the breach good friend :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's not even that difficult of a tactic to master.

DDs scout at max range, BBs clown on whatever gets spotted, smoke the scouters, rinse, repeat.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Last night was a riot re: Fleet Battles. I hope it crushed some Goons' hopes and dreams and made them realize that they (we) are the pubbies.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DurosKlav posted:

Is there a penalty for using guys in the wrong ship? I apparenly have 2 Heavy Cruiser guys in my Battleship.

No penalty but you potentially lose out on a gently caress ton of bonuses if you're not creating squads for each ship type.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am heavy handed with the clear all button :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Steam wallet works.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also apparently the only British ships that will be included in this upcoming update are destroyers and carriers... Damnit, I wanna wreck pubbies in THE Dreadnought. :argh:

That makes me sad :(

I want British BBs!@

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

black hold posted:

just made a donation after buying my catchalot.

is there a mumble channel for deep ocean set up yet?

CTS Mumble,. The Roman Dick gently caress Zone is where a bunch of us hang out.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I good couple of games in 3x territory can get you from tier 1 to top of 3 VERY quickly. I still love all the BBs that think sitting still is

a) increasing their accuracy or
b) a good thing.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
drat this game won't play nice with Steam in home streaming. The mouse gets all funky :(

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Feindfeuer posted:

G7es Zaunkönig randomly sinking a friendly or enemy ship in an area 5700meters around the firing sub, including the german sub. That would be awesome, even more awesome if it were to replace the gold-ammo torpedo in german high-tier subs.

Also I spend all my extra gold on Fleet Funds, so now we got the money covered but it seems we're still short on XP.

I think you might have a problem, friend. Welcome to the club :cawg:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

punakone posted:

Well, that explains both cases, get on it GOONS! I want to join you.

We want you inside of us too....

Please be shooting all your hot loads. :unsmith:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

I logged into Armored Warfare today to keep chugging along with my progress and our CTS channels are full of "you loving people" talking about boats and boat things.

Goddamn Reggin is the bastard that samples every flavor at baskin robins and then walks out the door without buying anything. How long do I have to continue tolerating you navy fucks?

Armored warfare is kinda broken right now and Hot Seamen is the new poo poo. Why you no play boats?!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

Our first victory, ever

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The nevada's gold rounds adds penetration but for what effect

A silver round is 389 pen and 386 damage
A gold round is 420 pen 425 damage

At the same time a nevada's armor is 76/374/324

We tested normalization of AP rounds and it works on side armor but only at extreme angles. Also there seemed to be no loss of penetration at range. In either case, both rounds will penetrate everything that tier or one tier up. Nothing has thick enough armor for the pen value to matter.

The 39 extra damage per shot might matter, considering you got 10 cannons, meaning 390 extra damage. Which is the same as one more silver round. But in practice this doesn't seem that important.

To further this point when you're firing at long range you're doing plunging fire and hitting deck armour, mostly, further negating gold rounds' extra performance. Angling to bounce rounds off your belt armour only really works well at very close ranges where something can't reliably hit your super structure.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The problem is that we never see anything expect for their two vanguard DDs and everyone else on their team is hanging back sniping. We'd need to be at least 100x more organized than we are or we need some super star BBs that can drop their scouts immediately. Also our CV players would need to learn how to stack their planes properly so they don't get auto annihilated. Also practice with a static team..

All these things start getting into territory I don't like when I'm playing games. A little bit of tryhardiness might be fun but it goes downhill pretty quick after that for me.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's not like their tactic is all that hard to figure out.

DDs approach and circle back @ max spotting range (their CVs provide increased scouting time/range/torps), BBs focus fire the spotted things + provide constant smoke for the DDs. Rinse Repeat.

Klaus88 posted:

That poo poo was boring in WoTs and its boring here. I don't mind mild competence but anything above that detracts from the fun.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of introducing "work ithings" into my "fun things". There's a joke about insertion here, I'm sure of it ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

What's the best way to get into a goon group? The room on mumble is usually empty when I'm trying to play.

Does Mastery in a ship actually do anything or is it just a cool star that shows how awesome you are? So far the Farragut is my favorite ship in the game, if only for 8 torpedo spreads getting me 3 kills in a row from early game DD rushes. How do the japanese destroyers compare?

You apply, post your name in the thread and hope that I haven't come around and just mashed the clear all button :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SOMEONE HIT THE CLEAR ALL APPLICANTS BUTTON!

IT WASN'T ME I SWEAR!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone please make a skin with two big dicks on the side of the Atlanta for me, tia.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
We're also starting to see actual numbers in tier 6 as well. Last night I was getting fairly constant pops on my tier 6 DD and BB. GOOD TIMES!@

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The real grind is not only the mertis, but the stupid tokens to Upgrade their rating (stars). Upper end you need like 1000+ tokens. WIsh they actually sold that poo poo for money because I would totally do it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you Papa Grithok! :thumbsup:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just testing everyone's resolve :clint:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love it when the enemy ships stop in nice clusters so I can introduce them to 2.1K damage torpedoes. :getin:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

It is friday, black friday, and later today we can do fleet battles.

I should be around then if I don't die outside today or fall asleep early.

Listen here old man I want to do fleets tonight and I sure as poo poo ain't gonna lead nothing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Spotting and the point blank torp game is what makes me come back to my Nip DDs. Had a 5v5 game the other night where I sank the entire enemy team with torps. My teammates asked me to slow down so they could get some XP in.

Caught their 2 BBs dry humping in a corner and with the Asahio's 2k damage torps made quick work of them. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread