Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

tardwrangler posted:

Here's a live one from my front yard, just to lighten things up on the roo front.

Roo doesn't skip arm day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
No, here it is....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
And a couple of girls.....

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Chilling

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Roo doesn't skip arm day

They go through this flex routine if you get in their comfort zone. They also grab their nuts and kind of show you them.

"I am a testosterone monster and will happily kick a hole right through you if you have a go"

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I like it when tourists or city dwellers get too close to angry roos and get rekt by them. They are all lean muscle.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
When they get up on their toes they are nearly 7' tall.

The tourists think it's cute to feed them then get pissy when a huge roo bails them up and mugs them for crusts.

Lots of otherwise harmless roos end up getting a bullet because of bad habits encouraged by tourists.

Sometimes a roo that's been hand reared from an orphan will learn about doors and you'll come home and find one in your lounge room.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
drat that Roo looks like it'd give a pitbull a run for its money in pure muscle.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Don't forget the claws. That middle toe is serious business.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

tardwrangler posted:

And a couple of girls.....

weird looking kangaroos

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Someone drew scales on your chickens.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
They're Golden Sebrights. They look embroidered.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

What are these handsome birds

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
those roos look like they could easily eviscerate you for looking at their giant roo balls for too long

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

They're Golden Sebrights. They look embroidered.

I missed this post. Theyre chickens right? Theyre so pretty i want to get some.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My dog is currently defending me from the two mini-lops I'm baby sitting. She's loyal, but she's dumb as bricks sometimes.

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small
I first thought roo was for rooster and I thought if you shot a rooster would there be any meat left to consume!. Did not know that it was for Kangaroo! I'm an idiot in the US. Anyway watch out for lead ammunition too! Thank you for sharing all the photos :)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Teach your dog to arm wrestle the roos

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Roos have a tactic of luring dogs to water then pushing them under and drowning the dog

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Serious dick move to shoot a kangaroo and leave the corpse out to rot, particularly in the summer. I grew up out in the country, and one summer the most amazing stench started wafting down out of the forested part of our property. Turns out some jackass had shot a deer with something like a .22 and it had managed to make it onto our property before dying. The reek of its decay spread over at least one or two square acres, and was not a pleasant odor. Dad spread multiple tarps over the body and weighted them down with stones. For years afterward my brother and I would go check on the state of the deer corpse and eventual skeleton that remained.

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 10, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

man, why shoot something of that size if you aren't gonna eat it? you gotta know you're just leaving a mess for someone else.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
He shot a few more roos but dosent know where they ended up. I think theres a dead pig rotting somewhere too

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small

Isaac posted:

Roos have a tactic of luring dogs to water then pushing them under and drowning the dog

WOW! Do roos eat dogs or are they enemies and just try to kill each other off?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

piscesbobbie posted:

WOW! Do roos eat dogs or are they enemies and just try to kill each other off?
Dogs try and eat roos but not the other way round afaik

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Roo doesn't skip arm day

male roos are swole as gently caress

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

I missed this post. Theyre chickens right? Theyre so pretty i want to get some.

Sebrights are the second smallest bantam. They come in gold and silver.

They are good layers if you like tiny eggs.

They can fly like pidgeons when alarmed.

We have lost most of the last flock from a fox digging into the cage and they were targeted by a local python till we relocated him.

They are cheerful and sociable but scratch the guts out of our gardens

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i went to a zoo where the kangaroo area was just a path through a small, unfenced piece of land. i wondered if a kid had ever slipped their hand out of mom's grasp and got kicked in the head.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
This one time I saw a Roo hopping in slow motion, then it's head exploded.

Then Hugh Jackman said a thing to BMX Bandits-ginger.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

wombat isn't good eating, info from a friend of course.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Fat Jesus posted:

wombat isn't good eating, info from a friend of course.

It must've been badly prepared/cooked.

I think it's delicious! Better than roo.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Echidnas are good eating. Very fatty. Pop them in boiling water until the spikes come out and it's ready to eat. I've never eaten it myself because I'm a filthy vegetarian but I'm assured it's delicious.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Echidnas are good eating. Very fatty. Pop them in boiling water until the spikes come out and it's ready to eat. I've never eaten it myself because I'm a filthy vegetarian but I'm assured it's delicious.

what about their weird dicks?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Microwaves Mom posted:

what about their weird dicks?

Are they the ones with the triple dicks or the brush dicks? Either way yeah they got some weird bedroom equipment

e: Wikipedia informs me they don't have triple dicks, they have quadruple dicks

Not sure how good the dicks are as food.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Are they the ones with the triple dicks or the brush dicks? Either way yeah they got some weird bedroom equipment

e: Wikipedia informs me they don't have triple dicks, they have quadruple dicks

Not sure how good the dicks are as food.

I'm just sayin, I dont wanna drop somethin in a pot that has weirdass dick. I mean thats like dick stew x 4.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm just sayin, I dont wanna drop somethin in a pot that has weirdass dick. I mean thats like dick stew x 4.

Chop off the quadrodick before you boil it up, problem solved

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Chop off the quadrodick before you boil it up, problem solved

have you seen that thing? Its nasty to even look at let alone chop off!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
This parrot dropped by to ask you guys to stop eating his mates

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

tardwrangler posted:

This parrot dropped by to ask you guys to stop eating his mates

wanna seed feed that bird.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Cheeky little buggers came inside scrounging sunflower seeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
those are some good chickens, tardwrangler!

• Locked thread