Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
A few things that stuck out to me:

Mourning Due posted:

GM's right hand man got promoted to GM at another property. Asked to go with him, get promoted to right hand of GM. He said he couldn't do it, but he could bring me over with a better title and a 2k pay bump.

Held that role for three years. Salary remained basically the same (boosted with bonuses first two years, bonuses removed and base salary upped in third year).
Started applying, got a role as a data analyst working in finance. A junior role starting at the same salary I was currently on, but with a title exactly like what I wanted in a field I wanted to get into. Told boss, he freaked out, started offering me more money to stay (same job title), but I felt this was the right decision after how he'd screwed me over
It sounds like you never asked your boss for big raises and just expected to get them. This isn't going to help you retroactively, but it's a cautionary tale to others and should help you going forward: NEVER expect to get paid what you deserve unless you fight for it. Never expect to get noticed. Always be looking for other job opportunities so that you know how much you're worth.

also post your resume and let's see if there are any problems. You say there aren't, but if that's the place companies stop being interested, maybe there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread