Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

Mine came in yesterday, thanks elgarbo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Mine were waiting for me when I got home today, good stuff elgarbo!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I'm giving my second copy to my grandmother.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I'm giving my second copy to my grandmother.

Sounds like somebody wants to get written out of the will!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Pham Nuwen posted:

Sounds like somebody wants to get written out of the will!

Or wants their payday from the will quickly

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

:australia: :australia: POSTAGE UPDATE :australia: :australia:
All the zines have been posted. (Unless your name is Brian Broyles, in which case, respond to the goddamn Kickstarter survey.)

So here's the story: I have fifteen copies of this thing left over. I'm going to keep one for my troubles, and the other fourteen are going to sit in a dark space for a few weeks while all of the orders slowly make their way to their destinations. If, for whatever reason, you haven't received your zine within about three weeks, contact me and I should be able to replace it. Then I'll sell the remaining copies to whatever poor, sad fools can be suckered into buying one.

The good news is that I didn't lose money doing this. (Unless, god forbid, a whole bunch of orders disappear and I need to issue refunds, but here's hoping...) The bad news is that the past few weeks I have basically become the best friends of everyone working in the local post office. There have been some days where I walked in to an empty shop, and by the time I walked out, there was a queue behind me snaking out the door. So this is not something that I will soon be repeating. I do, however, strongly recommend some other poor, sad fool takes up the mantle and publishes Reciprocal Failure 2 because it's character building (and I learned a poo poo ton about making stuff in InDesign, too!)

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

elgarbo posted:

All the zines have been posted. (Unless your name is Brian Broyles, in which case, respond to the goddamn Kickstarter survey.)

So here's the story: I have fifteen copies of this thing left over. I'm going to keep one for my troubles, and the other fourteen are going to sit in a dark space for a few weeks while all of the orders slowly make their way to their destinations. If, for whatever reason, you haven't received your zine within about three weeks, contact me and I should be able to replace it. Then I'll sell the remaining copies to whatever poor, sad fools can be suckered into buying one.

The good news is that I didn't lose money doing this. (Unless, god forbid, a whole bunch of orders disappear and I need to issue refunds, but here's hoping...) The bad news is that the past few weeks I have basically become the best friends of everyone working in the local post office. There have been some days where I walked in to an empty shop, and by the time I walked out, there was a queue behind me snaking out the door. So this is not something that I will soon be repeating. I do, however, strongly recommend some other poor, sad fool takes up the mantle and publishes Reciprocal Failure 2 because it's character building (and I learned a poo poo ton about making stuff in InDesign, too!)

Thanks for doing the legwork on this, elgarbo. Glad that at the very least you might make $14 extra off of it! Hopefully I won't be bugging you later, since goons all around me have received theirs already and my five copies are yet to appear. :ohdear:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

elgarbo posted:

The good news is that I didn't lose money doing this. (Unless, god forbid, a whole bunch of orders disappear and I need to issue refunds, but here's hoping...) The bad news is that the past few weeks I have basically become the best friends of everyone working in the local post office. There have been some days where I walked in to an empty shop, and by the time I walked out, there was a queue behind me snaking out the door. So this is not something that I will soon be repeating. I do, however, strongly recommend some other poor, sad fool takes up the mantle and publishes Reciprocal Failure 2 because it's characterha building (and I learned a poo poo ton about making stuff in InDesign, too!)

Bryan Broyles here. Haven't gotten the survey. Let me dig thru junk file.

Found your email, dug back, found the kick-starter survey buried. Sorry to cause trouble.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 1, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Classic Bryan

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

torgeaux posted:

Bryan Broyles here. Haven't gotten the survey. Let me dig thru junk file.

Found your email, dug back, found the kick-starter survey buried. Sorry to cause trouble.

Haha very good.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

The Broyles luck strikes again!

Thanks for going through with this elgarbo. I would definitely be interested in getting involved in this next time. Either Layouts/inDesign or selection or anything at all, really.
Hope to get my copy soon.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm a poor soul who'd like to buy a copy.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

8th-snype posted:

Classic Bryan

You know, you young kids with your electronic "mail" your hippity hop music and baggy pants can bite my aged rear end.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Xabi posted:

I'm a poor soul who'd like to buy a copy.

Yeah if there's any left over in a couple weeks I'd like to get on the list for one too.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Got mine today. Very pleased with the way it turned out, lots of great photos in there and mine came out pretty close to how I'd like them to.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got my two copies today.

Thanks for doing this thing!

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Showed up today. It's quality...the paper anyways.

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
Thanks a lot, it looks great!

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
mine showed up today, thanks for all the work elgarbo!

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Show of hands: who ordered 3+ and haven't received their's yet?

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

ohrwurm posted:

Me, but I'm in Brazil and Customs are atrocious here so I'm not expecting it before the end of June to be honest...

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Haven't gotten mine yet :argh: but other PDX dork roomers did. I think I had 4 or 5 and it sounds like you posted the larger orders last so that's probably why

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I only just noticed this thing, if there are any copies left after replacing lost in the post ones I'd be interested in getting one!

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

ohrwurm posted:

Ordered 5 to the middle of the map and haven't seen them yet, wasn't going to worry for a couple more weeks after elgarbo's post.

e: to avoid double post. Zines came today! They look great, though I refuse to believe that Oyster Bay isn't just something off of a Red Lobster menu. Thanks again for putting all this together!

Hokkaido Anxiety fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 7, 2016

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Received mine yesterday. Good to see the mix of work in there!

My copy has some lattice pattern indentations to about a fifth of the pages from the front. No damage to the cover and the affected pages are printed perfectly, so it looks like someone stacked something on top of them after printing before binding. It's ruined my faith in goon projects. :smith:

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Got mine yesterday - props for all the hard work and reliably sending a stupid number of stupid zines across the planet. A+, would participate in a V2.0.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Ric posted:

Received mine yesterday. Good to see the mix of work in there!

My copy has some lattice pattern indentations to about a fifth of the pages from the front. No damage to the cover and the affected pages are printed perfectly, so it looks like someone stacked something on top of them after printing before binding. It's ruined my faith in goon projects. :smith:

Hey dude, no idea what happened there but I'll shoot you out a replacement if you like. Let me know.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

elgarbo posted:

Hey dude, no idea what happened there but I'll shoot you out a replacement if you like. Let me know.
Thanks, if you have a copy spare after any that go missing, I'd appreciate it. I'll happily pay postage again - don't want you out of pocket.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

ohrwurm posted:

Mine haven't arrived in Illinois yet.

edit: oops nm they came

RangerScum fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 9, 2016

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Got my 2 on Saturday. :confuoot:

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Got my copy on Saturday. Looks good, thanks again!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Got my two copies. Looks dope.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
If there are any spare after all the lost/damaged ones are fixed up, I forgot to order in time because I'm a dumb idiot and I'd like one. Also I live a little a lot up the coast so just chuck us one hey.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
Still waiting for mine here in Canada. Looking forward to seeing it.

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.

TomR posted:

Still waiting for mine here in Canada. Looking forward to seeing it.

Same here. P excited about it though

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I'm glad I'm not the only canagoon waiting on it. Brothers unite!

Swelinde
Feb 16, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

I only just noticed this thing, if there are any copies left after replacing lost in the post ones I'd be interested in getting one!

Likewise. Been lurking here for years and this looks absolutely amazing!

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
Mine showed up today in perfect condition. Thanks a lot friend.

Looks good. I should take more photos.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Got mine in the last few days and everything looks great except for one or two photos that look misaligned. It's most apparent here in the second photo by Drew Davis:

Nonetheless, everything else looks immaculate and thanks for putting this together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I'm going to write off all printing quirks as a result of this being a terrible zine and not a piece of fine art. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though.

Any copies that are misprinted are almost certainly collector's editions with a value significantly greater than the cover price of $22.

• Locked thread