Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I feel it is only appropriate that you use the remaining money to buy gasoline, douse all the zines, light them, take a picture, then post it here. True art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Rest of the money should be used to open up the official Dorkroom gallery in whatever city it's cheap enough to buy such a space in

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

bobmarleysghost posted:

Rest of the money should be used to open up the official Dorkroom gallery in whatever city it's cheap enough to buy such a space in

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

open a gallery in atlantis, by that I mean throw them in the ocean

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

8th-snype posted:

open a gallery in atlantis, by that I mean throw them in a toilet

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

"that's me, no... that's me"

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Got my copies :neckbeard:

Trip report when I get home, I don't want the entire office exposed to my shame.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Oh drat, it's happening

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
A successful goon project???? :vince:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

BANME.sh posted:

A successful goon project???? :vince:

it's filled with our photos, successful is not the term that is correct

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

About 1/3rd of the orders have been posted. I will resume the postal marathon on Tuesday...!

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Trip report, post celebratory IPA: this thing is really, really nice. It feels about twice as professional as it has any right to be and the photos are pretty good too, I guess?

Thanks to elgarbo & ansel for their hard work curating and putting it together! I'm really happy and proud to be part of this. Also glad we kept it at 8x10, was definitely the right call.

(also minor detail but the packaging is really nice holy poo poo elgarbo has a mammoth task but he's not skimping on getting these things out to everyone)

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Yey, I might get mine before 2017 :p

Congrats and thanks in advance elgarbo!

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

My daily trips to the post office have resumed, more zines shipped today.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Is there an official hashtag for the Zine? There should be an official hashtag for the Zine.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

bobmarleysghost posted:

Is there an official hashtag for the Zine? There should be an official hashtag for the Zine.

I'm using #thisisthehashtagtousewhendiscussingthedorkroomzinepleaseusethishashtagtodiscussthedorkroomzineanddorkroomzinerelatedtopics on twitter to discuss it.

e: Twitter thinks that hashtag is too Bart Radfucker to let me use it :eng99:

Hokkaido Anxiety fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 20, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
#shitpostography

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Just got the zine. It's awesome.

But, I noticed you used my mnemonic keyword spam file-names as titles. Whoops. Probably my fault.
#shitphotos #shittitles

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

VomitOnLino posted:

Just got the zine. It's awesome.

But, I noticed you used my mnemonic keyword spam file-names as titles. Whoops. Probably my fault.
#shitphotos #shittitles

They were more interesting than just another pair of 'Untitled' photos.

Glad it arrived - that's two deliveries out of about thirty posted that have navigated their way safely so far...

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Was this a one time zine or are you guys going for round two..I'd like to get in on it if so.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Choicecut posted:

Was this a one time zine or are you guys going for round two..I'd like to get in on it if so.

this man wishes us to tempt fate a second time

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

elgarbo posted:

They were more interesting than just another pair of 'Untitled' photos.

Glad it arrived - that's two deliveries out of about thirty posted that have navigated their way safely so far...

Mine arrived in Melbourne yesterday, you did a really great job putting it together, hopefully there's enough cash left over for some tinnies :boonie:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mine arrived in Albuquerque already! Goddamn!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Mine arrived in Albuquerque already! Goddamn!

bullshit

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Package delivered to the SF Bay Area this afternoon!

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Choicecut posted:

Look - never say never, but right now, the slowly decreasing mound of zines and the fact that the post office staff now know me by name suggests that this was a one time project.

Unless someone else wants to do it. Preferably someone not on a distant corner of the planet (like me) so postage costs are actually semi-reasonable.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

elgarbo posted:

Look - never say never, but right now, the slowly decreasing mound of zines and the fact that the post office staff now know me by name suggests that this was a one time project.

Unless someone else wants to do it. Preferably someone not on a distant corner of the planet (like me) so postage costs are actually semi-reasonable.

Whitezombi works at a printing company and is a huge masochist (at least, he shoots instant film, same thing right?)

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

elgarbo posted:

No worries dude. I just happened on the thread today and was impressed by it all. Nice work and the magazine looked cool as poo poo man. Nice work!

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Received my copy in northern Virginia today, it's everything for which I hoped

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

A postage update:

I have completed posting every order of three or more zines. I've just got to send the last of the smaller orders now. Everything should be wrapped up by the middle of this coming week.

(Now I just have to hope nothing disappears in the post... :ohdear:)

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Got my zines! Thanks elgarbo!

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
No tracking right? If it doesn't arrive here in 3 months I'll let you know...

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Received my copy too.
It got a bit damaged in the binding despite the thorough packaging, but I'll manage.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 23, 2016

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Got my two. They look great. Thanks!

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
Mine arrived in Minneapolis today. It's totally sick!

Also, thanks for the love on the back cover.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Tony Two Bapes posted:

Mine arrived in Minneapolis today. It's totally sick!

Also, thanks for the love on the back cover.

It was really the only appropriate choice.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Got my copy today. Very cool. Thanks again to all the folks to put this together.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
Got mine yesterday, loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Postage update: 17 more packages remaining to be posted. Should get them out by Thursday.

All orders for 3+ copies have now been sent.

• Locked thread