Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Seems like it's to late to join the party but I'd definitely like to buy a copy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Photos sent.

'm not sure I'll be around for the design part. I'm leaving for a veeeery remote island in a week and I'll be there for some 3 weeks, so I'll go with wathever you guys sugest/design.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Sent mine 4 days ago and completely forgot it!

I'm taking a shooting trip to a very remote island this month and part of the next, so I'll just say I'm game with whatever layout you guys choose for my pics since I'll probably won't be able to collaborate in due time.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Hey Garbo,

I made the cut but my name isn't on the list. Already sent you an email. Let me know when it's there so I can shill this thing for friends and family :)

I'll also pile on the suggestion of posting some sample images from the zine on the KS since it seens we are getting some outside attention.

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 4, 2016

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Hey, since this seens to be the general zine thread here:

What do you guys use for designing? InDesign? Any tips or references for reading, especially about layout? I have some material I'm thinking about making a magazine/zine out of.

Also Garbo, can you confirm I'm in the thing? I want to be sure before I buy some extra copies to give as gifts :)

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Finally pledged for 3 :D

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Also remember to label them as printed media/magazines/books/whatever (which is true and nothing but the truth, really). Generally speaking customs tend to be more relaxed for printed stuff than electronics or more comercial goods. At least around here books and magazines have no import taxes, while everything else is tackled with roughly 100% of total value (including shipping) on import duties, regardless if it's a gift or total value. I've paid taxes on stuff that was less than 10 dollars AND marked as gift :(

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 2, 2016

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006

8th-snype posted:

brb adding *!*PUBLISHED ART PHOTOGRAPHER*!* to my Linkedin

It's already on my portfolio and I don't give a gently caress!

But you guys complaining about Auspost is scaring me. One lovely postal service (Brazil) to go throught is enough...

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 17, 2016

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Yey, I might get mine before 2017 :p

Congrats and thanks in advance elgarbo!

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
No tracking right? If it doesn't arrive here in 3 months I'll let you know...

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006

ohrwurm posted:

Show of hands: who ordered 3+ and haven't received their's yet?

Me, but I'm in Brazil and Customs are atrocious here so I'm not expecting it before the end of June to be honest...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
Got my three today.

I'm really impressed with the quality overall, both of content and print.

Thank you a lot for making this possible elgarbo!

Edit: It also means those things have already made the australia-brazil difficult trail-trek, so if somebody hasn't received your's soon it's a good bet it's never ariving...

• Locked thread