Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like the 5th one better. Also I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mido posted:

:shrug: just spitballin shapes and contrasts

This is a pretty good attempt, maybe with the black text overlapping differently so it masks less of the white, or have only some letters go over, maybe ?

e
but with better fonts

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 16, 2015

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
the photo must have a nice feeling to it, suzanne

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mido posted:

im willing to bikeshed this poo poo into the ground but i hope we stay away from clever typeface fuckery, keep it simple and consistent or get a good credentialed designer in here. mixing typefaces for a logo is somewhat of a faux pas if you dont have a reason to do so, so is moving hte last two letters of the title around for no reason

Yeah I think I mostly like your flat color surface on a regular picture idea. Someone who knows what he's doing can pick a nice font

vvv yeah ok this is good.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 17, 2015

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Option 1

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BANME.sh posted:

I like the email idea too, only because it means paging through the finished zine will be a surprise as to what's included.

Yeah same, I'd rather discover everyone's submissions on paper if I have the choice

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The zine probably won't have a much of an audience outside of ourselves but I don't really see why SA shouldn't be mentioned in a little blurb somewhere. We all registered for different reasons but we all found our way here and weren't put off by any gbs cuck thread.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do we get a little line on our respective pages with our usernames/irl names ?

Minkee posted:

We're not doing anything terrible like requiring an artists statement are we? I think we should keep it to images and maybe a title. Writing an artists statement is one of my least favorite things to do in life.

You can write a little text if you want to, according to the op.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thoogsby posted:

It might be a good idea to put the file name convention ansel requested in the OP.

Should we resend our submissions if we shamefully hosed this up ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Should we advertise the zine in the Creative Convention ?
Whoever is going to package it might want to keep a low count though.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just buy the thing jeez.

Thanks for doing the boring stuff Elgarbo, I'm getting one.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe don't do anything

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

elgarbo posted:

I have been told that our zines are queued up to be printed tomorrow.

Yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mine arrived in france last week.
Thanks elgarbo, and autisms for curating a great selection.

• Locked thread