Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I'm in too, might as well give it a shot and participate while I'm following this venture anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Question about how these images are going to be weeded out: Are they being selected as a unit of 5, or individually? I'm trying to decide if I should submit a single style/subject, or a mixed bag.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Submitted with Drive links. As the plan was to submit the print-ready images, I applied standard sharpening for matte paper. If I hosed up there let me know and I can resend.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Is there some need to send super-large files, and I hosed up? At 300dpi and you're talking about a 3000x2000 pixel image for 10" on the longest side for a 8x12 ratio image. That should end up like 5-7MBs per image or so.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Same, 8x10 would be desirable but I understand if it's not practical.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Went in for three copies. I kinda wish I had submitted some of my "better" crappy photos now, but they'll have to wait for Vol. II. Really I'm just happy stuff made it out the door.

LogisticEarth fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 1, 2016

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

Maybe don't do anything

Bingo. It's an at-cost zine that's basically built around photographers from this forum. Maybe the el gabro, ansel autisms, and the rest of the curators decide they want to open it up to other people, but who knows. I think there's enough talent here to not worry about having enough for any other hypothetical volumes in the immediate future.

Comedy option: Make Vol. II a monthly monster truck rally newsletter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Got mine today. Very pleased with the way it turned out, lots of great photos in there and mine came out pretty close to how I'd like them to.

• Locked thread