Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They just had a bunch of copies at Best Buy so I picked one up. Just a little gamer tip for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bought it as a gift last month for the bloated price, maybe I'll get a copy for myself now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i gthought it was cheap, but maybe its not

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you have a powersaves thing you can use oot3d to install homebrew stuff.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Doctor Goat posted:

If you have a powersaves thing you can use oot3d to install homebrew stuff.

piracy is lame

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is it good? Heard the 3DS port if Majora was bad.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nah both are very good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*posts my epic Majora Mask 3DS gamer rant*

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

elf help book posted:

piracy is lame

You can't use it for piracy.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it good? Heard the 3DS port if Majora was bad.

Why?? Nothing was really changed

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Average Bear posted:

Why?? Nothing was really changed

A lot was changed. The Giant's Mask now gives you Goron Link's punches while you're a giant and that whole fight was redesigned, for example.

Zora Link's swimming got hosed up and made a lot worse unfortunately

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they made big changes to every non-final boss, IMO for the better cause the fights feel more 3D zelda-ey, in the original majoras mask every boss could be cheesed very easily in all sorts of ways.

zora link got completely hosed up for no real reason

added a fishing hole which is cute if you like that

didnt fix the elegy of emptiness spam on the last dungeon which is like the one change that the game needed badly

stone mask was moved to post-pirate keep which makes it worthless

art style is all bright and colorful like OoT's which can be really jarring in areas that are supposed to be dark and broody

no hero mode, hard mode, anything like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They hosed it up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All you needed to do was make it so you only had to play elegy of emptiness once and then you could place at will or something, but instead they decided to gently caress up the original art design, get rid of the only fun 3D swimming system ever made and make more masks worthless.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

All you needed to do was make it so you only had to play elegy of emptiness once and then you could place at will or something, but instead they decided to gently caress up the original art design, get rid of the only fun 3D swimming system ever made and make more masks worthless.

yeah. i mean, i'll still pick it up if it goes half off or something but atm there is a better version of the game you can get on the wiishop for 10 bucks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh they also nerfed deku link's spin thing, it doesnt give him great acceleration anymore so you have to play around a bit to get the better water hopping. this change was, also, made for absolutely no reason because no one ever loving complained about this lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

swimming in skyward sword is fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

swimming in skyward sword is fun

I liked the combat in skyward sword a lot, the fidelity of motion plus made for interesting boss fights. Shame about everything else though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like everything about Skyward Sword that's below the clouds. Also the one dungeon above the clouds

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thanks OP. Ill pick up a copy. :cheers:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

they made big changes to every non-final boss, IMO for the better cause the fights feel more 3D zelda-ey, in the original majoras mask every boss could be cheesed very easily in all sorts of ways.

zora link got completely hosed up for no real reason

added a fishing hole which is cute if you like that

didnt fix the elegy of emptiness spam on the last dungeon which is like the one change that the game needed badly

stone mask was moved to post-pirate keep which makes it worthless

art style is all bright and colorful like OoT's which can be really jarring in areas that are supposed to be dark and broody

no hero mode, hard mode, anything like that
Is the OoT port good though. I haven't opened it up yet

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

They didn't change much at all as far as the gameplay goes so none of those complaints hold

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

well it includes master quest with a mirrored world, that's why I want it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The OoT port is great

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mabels big day posted:

They didn't change much at all as far as the gameplay goes so none of those complaints hold

Evil Eagle posted:

well it includes master quest with a mirrored world, that's why I want it.

In Training posted:

The OoT port is great

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's weird how in the iwata asks for oot they say they worked hard to replicate every last little detail, right down to certain glitches, then they go and gently caress up majora's mask.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

it's weird how in the iwata asks for oot they say they worked hard to replicate every last little detail, right down to certain glitches, then they go and gently caress up majora's mask.

yeah lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the oot port is really good. master quest sucks once you become an adult though, fair warning.

its really lovely because the kid link dungeons own, they're full of bizarre traps and sometimes you're even expected to exploit engine physics to solve puzzles and stuff, like a professionally done nintendo romhack

then you're adult link and every room is playing the song of time 6x to re-arrange time blocks and the water temple's "go back and find a key lol" bullshit x1000 on every temple

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MM3D is good.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Blackheart posted:

MM3D is good.

mm3d is good because the game it was based on, majoras mask, is a very good video game. mm3d is just less good than we know it could be.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

the oot port is really good. master quest sucks once you become an adult though, fair warning.

its really lovely because the kid link dungeons own, they're full of bizarre traps and sometimes you're even expected to exploit engine physics to solve puzzles and stuff, like a professionally done nintendo romhack

then you're adult link and every room is playing the song of time 6x to re-arrange time blocks and the water temple's "go back and find a key lol" bullshit x1000 on every temple

I swear one of the puzzles in the spirit temple makes you change something as an adult so that you can get somewhere as a kid, but maybe I'm crazy. I only ever played it once on the gcn bonus disk. I definitely remember the ice arrow dungeon being insane though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I swear one of the puzzles in the spirit temple makes you change something as an adult so that you can get somewhere as a kid, but maybe I'm crazy. I only ever played it once on the gcn bonus disk. I definitely remember the ice arrow dungeon being insane though.

the ice arrow dungeon was really crazy and fun lol. i do remember a puzzle like that in the spirit temple and it is the most tedious loving thing, i think you need to activate a switch as a kid mid-dungeon to spawn a torch that you can longshot to as an adult, and do some other poo poo to switch back to a kid aaahh

the other thing is that the adult link portion keeps throwing "hard" enemies at you, expecting youll forget how to fight or something. like, i beat the game, iron knuckles and dynalfos are not hard, please stop putting these flies to swat in every room

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Soral posted:

mm3d is good because the game it was based on, majoras mask, is a very good video game. mm3d is just less good than we know it could be.

Yep, a couple of changes were unfortunate. Still I think that a lot of other changes were for the better, which along the framerate and graphics upgrade make its pros outweigh the cons by far.

But I also liked the new Gyorg fight which a lot of people seem to hate so...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

OoT is the Star Wars of Nintendo. it never loving ends, and idiots will continue buying the Remakes and Special Editions. gently caress off already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There was only one ocarina remake and it came out like two years ago.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

There was only one ocarina remake and it came out like two years ago.

:troll:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Think they could get wind waker on a 3ds? Ive never seen a 3ds so idk how powerful they are

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

how many times do you need to buy the same game

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Lessee... N64 release, GC port with Ura Zelda/Master Quest included, Wii VC, Wii U VC, 3DS, so 5, 5 times is how many time we need to buy OoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the first time I've actually owned a copy of OoT.

• Locked thread