Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the first time I've actually owned a copy of OoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

majora's mask 3d is fine if you haven't played the game in 300 years and are senile, as i am. what's different ? i don't know. do i care? no, because i'm a big cool boy.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

OoT is the Star Wars of Nintendo. it never loving ends, and idiots will continue buying the Remakes and Special Editions. gently caress off already.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

honestly the zelda remake i want to play most is windwaker hd, once i get my wii u controller fix/fix it myself [had the pcb sitting on my desk since late july :henget:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Singing Chav posted:

Lessee... N64 release, GC port with Ura Zelda/Master Quest included, Wii VC, Wii U VC, 3DS, so 5, 5 times is how many time we need to buy OoT.

Oh no! Nintendo is making a classic game available on every platform! The horror. Grow up.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

honestly the zelda remake i want to play most is windwaker hd, once i get my wii u controller fix/fix it myself [had the pcb sitting on my desk since late july :henget:

it's real good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Oh no! Nintendo is making a classic game available on every platform! The horror. Grow up.

i wish they'd release the fire emblem games on gc or wii on eshop istead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i wish they'd release the fire emblem games on gc or wii on eshop istead

Yeah. I wanna play the Wii fire emblem, it's the only I haven't played

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

have u played the famicom and sfc translated ones or the ds one that came out in japan and got a fanpatch :smugmrgw:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Pre-purchase 80 dollar DLC months before release, rebuying the same game countless times, it's OKAY when Nintendo does it! DUrr!!?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I should have clarified. I've played all the fire emblems that a sane westerner would approach. Also fates looks loving GAY so maybe I'll pirate radiant dawn when fates comes out and play that instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pre-purchase 80 dollar DLC months before release, rebuying the same game countless times, it's OKAY when Nintendo does it! DUrr!!?

It's good when games get released on every console in case you didn't have the last console

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

It's good when games get released on every console in case you didn't have the last console

pretty much the only reason i bought wwhd on wiiu, didnt want to scour craigslits for a gamecube and try to track down all that poo poo when my wiu is right there in front of me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wish the eshop was way more complete with their back catalogue..

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
was OOT for gamecube even a thing you could buy? i thought it was a Wind Waker pre-order bonus

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dutchy posted:

was OOT for gamecube even a thing you could buy? i thought it was a Wind Waker pre-order bonus

ya i remember seeing it in stores.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dutchy posted:

It came with a disc with every Zelda game on it iirc. At least that's where I had it, idr how I got it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

In Training posted:

It came with a disc with every Zelda game on it iirc. At least that's where I had it, idr how I got it.

oh right, i remember that now.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Some GameCube systems came with a The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition promo disk. It has Zelda, Zelda II, OOT, MM and a Wind Waker demo where you run around Windfall Island. I still have mine from when we had to replace our GameCube after my sister got pissed at me and poured glitter glue inside it. I heard they're somewhat pricey now though.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Some GameCube systems came with a The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition promo disk. It has Zelda, Zelda II, OOT, MM and a Wind Waker demo where you run around Windfall Island. I still have mine from when we had to replace our GameCube after my sister got pissed at me and poured glitter glue inside it. I heard they're somewhat pricey now though.

i got this with my gamecube and i dont want to think of how much time i spent playing that 20 minute windwaker demo. i would do the dragonroost dungeon over and over until i could reach the boss, i was in love w/ everything about the game

i also 100%'d OoT and MM cause that was the only gamecube game i had for a long time lol

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

shame its so expensive now, it owns. cant do the gc transfer stuff on wii u either

Dec 26, 2012

Soral
May 30, 2009

it's really excellent and i'm excited for you to try it

Soral
May 30, 2009

zelda is awesome. i love it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mm3d is good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

zelda is awesome. i love it.

Same. I hope the Wii u one is good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zelda is good. I started replaying Twilight Princess a few weeks ago but now that they're releasing an HD version I'm just gonna wait for that. I played Skyward Sword up to the fire dungeon and it was okay but man it did not stick with me or make me feel like I needed to continue playing it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wind waker preorder got the oot disc. if you already had a gamecube there were some games with codes you could submit to some pre-club nintendo thing for the zelda collectors disc

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you had a game boy player, you could play all the zelda games on your gamecube (unless you scoff at the lttp gab rerelease)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I think remakes are fine after a long enough period. There's kids gaming with 3ds's who weren't even born when the n64 was a thing. They already missed out on the peace and prosperity of the 90's, don't make them miss out on gaming's ambrosia as well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got the OoT+MQ disc for preordering Wind Waker, then the disk with Zelda 1, 2, OoT and MM for free from nintendo power somehow. N64 is the only one I paid for aside from the 3ds one I bought as a gift.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Fond memories of riding around the field and getting seriously anxious the first couple times I encountered the day/night thing and skeletons popped up

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I loved Ocarina of Time, bought it on N64 the day of release. But i never played Majora's Mask until last year and I didnt really like it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

I loved Ocarina of Time, bought it on N64 the day of release. But i never played Majora's Mask until last year and I didnt really like it

nice av

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
African AIDS cum.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Oh Don Piano posted:

pretty much the only reason i bought wwhd on wiiu, didnt want to scour craigslits for a gamecube and try to track down all that poo poo when my wiu is right there in front of me

I got wwhd for free by buying mk8. Or I got mk8 for free for buying wwhd however you want to look at it

2 seriously ftw gaming experiences for the price of one.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
MM3D is only my 4th favorite zelda game, behind MM, OOT3D, and OOT. It's a good game, but the original was better.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Flagrama posted:

MM3D is only my 4th favorite zelda game, behind MM, OOT3D, and OOT. It's a good game, but the original was better.

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we got pikmin 3 as our free game, instead of wind waker hd, and i regret our choice.

• Locked thread