Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Got three accessories out of it, so I can't complain. Finally got Mu and she really is ridiculous. 100% stun on her 2 even unranked, and her 3 unranked raises her crit rate from 3% to 18%. Not replacing Chris with her, but Mas will be gone by the time I get her second rebirth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
You know what my favorite part of PvP is?

Losing because I put my characters in the wrong order. What order is the right order? Why, that depends on the map AFTER you've chosen where your characters go!

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Tankiest character last seems the safest in case you end up in the square map with three dudes to your #4 character.

The winter bottleneck map is a pain for me with that setup usually Kai can take the point but not hold out because my other dps are too far back to help for a few turns. Turtle get might be a better option there really.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

The Mattybee posted:

You know what my favorite part of PvP is?

Losing because I put my characters in the wrong order. What order is the right order? Why, that depends on the map AFTER you've chosen where your characters go!

My favorite is having a lowbie Sraka proc the 3% instant-kill on my Chris in Dimensional Breakthrough. After the second time that happened, I've just started parking everyone 7 tiles away from a Sraka until after his turn.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Campbell posted:

Tankiest character last seems the safest in case you end up in the square map with three dudes to your #4 character.

The winter bottleneck map is a pain for me with that setup usually Kai can take the point but not hold out because my other dps are too far back to help for a few turns. Turtle get might be a better option there really.

I've been running Alfred/bounty hunter/Mu/Jack in that order, and it's been a pretty good general purpose order. On the lane battle, Alfred often gets to r un up and nail a tank with his 3-square reach immobilize, which will usually keep them from hitting you back. Meanwhile, Jack often gets rushed by a Chris or Kai, and in general can gently caress up anybody one on one. In the middle, Mu can pretty much take anybody, and then the bounty hunter can fire far enough to aid Jack and/or Mu.

On the interspersed melee, Jack can generally tank the opening, and Alfred starts in striking distance of 2-3 characters with his lockdown, which often lets me effectively deny Chris or Kai a turn. Mu does the same, and at that point you're taking 4 turns to their 2.

And then on the winter bottleneck, Alfred and Jack are capable of tanking the initial assault, Mu arrives a turn later thanks to swampwalk, and then the bounty hunter comes up for the finish.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

boy howdy the Chenney fight is some BS.

I've SSed the first fight, but I'm 99% sure 2+ are not even vaguely plausible right now (Deb low 4*, Chris/Carrot/Kai high 3*, Jack low 3*).

Basically there's two identical bosses in the top part of the fight and infinitely spawning trash in the bottom (you'll get 2 new adds a turn). When one boss hits 35% or lower, they will enrage and do more damage; when one of them dies, the other will enrage and do a LOT more damage - I'm talking like 12K to a fairly tanky guy they have elemental disadvantage on.

I sent Carrot and Jack to one side and Kai and Deb to the other; Chris sits on the defense tile and stuns the turtles to try and hold back the tide. Using Hellfire twice (there's a lord potion spawn you can snag after you use it once), it's just enough that you can probably manage to kill the bosses before all your guys eat it.

Thing is? You get 2-5 genes per reward slot for genes, and need 720 to get Chenney. I can't imagine anyone but the whaliest of whales getting her any time soon.

They really need to tone down gene counts needed for things (upgrades, later recruitment). I'm enjoying the game and I do not regret giving them $2 for a starter pack, but I can see 'grind this stage for two months to unlock this character' coming and it's not exactly endearing considering all the other grinding needed.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Why is my Completion Rate on Verna stuck at 96%? For the stages with two difficulty levels, I'm showing two red stars. For the stage with 3 levels, I'm showing 3 gold stars. Everything else is one red star. I can't see anything else in Verna to do.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
I cant seem to add myself to the friends spreadsheet. Is it read only currently? nvm im dumb

Also how do i change the message that appears under my name i the friends list.

anyways fun game. can see myself sinking a lot of time into this.

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 8, 2015

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Phanatic posted:

Why is my Completion Rate on Verna stuck at 96%? For the stages with two difficulty levels, I'm showing two red stars. For the stage with 3 levels, I'm showing 3 gold stars. Everything else is one red star. I can't see anything else in Verna to do.

Gold stars are S, red are SS and you need SS in everything for 100%.

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
It looks like the patch today did some huge things for gene drops - Hard appears to drop 1-2 fragments now, but Hell drops 3-4 (!) and Chaos is 5-6. Makes farming genes soooo much easier.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I think I'm in this for the long haul now. At least until I beat the campaign. Was iffy at first, but the drop improvements were a big help. In as DontMindMe if anyone is still playing

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
Chenny island event again this weekend, apparently, although Nexon said it wouldn't be the same person (supposedly it was going to be Nirvana according to some long-winded thread somewhere which I can't locate). Oh well, I'll take a whack at Chenny. There is a good video up on how to farm her on the subreddit - hopefully you have a 4* Serendi by now!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Oxybeles posted:

Chenny island event again this weekend, apparently, although Nexon said it wouldn't be the same person (supposedly it was going to be Nirvana according to some long-winded thread somewhere which I can't locate). Oh well, I'll take a whack at Chenny. There is a good video up on how to farm her on the subreddit - hopefully you have a 4* Serendi by now!

You don't need Serendi. I'm farming her easily with 4* Alfred, Gillan, Jack, Jenny, Tao.

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
You certainly don't need her! If you have something that works, roll with it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Oxybeles posted:

You certainly don't need her! If you have something that works, roll with it.

None of my heroes are particularly leveled. Jack and Jenny are both 40ish 4*, but the rest are between level 4 and 20 4*. The important parts are getting them down to where a ranged character in the center can hit both for assist damage, and Jack, basically. Gillan (and maybe the general, if you have him leveled) are useful, because Chenny's not immune to disarm, and both of them have high percentage disarm attacks, but otherwise, you want weakness (Tao and Kai can both dish out good weakness attacks) or other damage buffs, and raw damage capacity.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
This game seems really neat, but refuses to install unless I give them access to my phone contacts. Why can't I just pay for games, ugh.

Maybe I'll try and set up a guest profile, don't feel like rooting this phone. :(

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

I am able to beat Chenny with Deborah, Mu, Carrot, Jack, Kai. Just need to swap Mu with a Deborah or Serendi friend for two rounds.

EDIT: Now I can solo it with same team. The grind continues!

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 2, 2016

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
I tried it with Mu, but Chenny eats her alive on her crystal shards/flame attack. I am tanking each one with Kai and Jack diagonally to the left and right of the poison space, I have Serendi in the center below the Hero Charge potion, Deb is on the poison tile on the side with Jack, Carrot runs up and grabs the charge potion, throws her debuff on the one my Jack is smacking. I turn Kai into a merc 5* Jack and whack away at the other Chenny for two rounds, then she kills Kai when he turns back. I finish them both off, but you always get SS, even with 4/5 of your team dead for some reason.

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
I guess I should also mention that I am doing this with a 3* team, except for Serendi and Deb, so this is the gimpy way to roll :)

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Ah, my team is 4*. I use this strategy, except I switch out Serendi with Mu/Chenny, who uses Merc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFv_LAHUeMs

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013
Well I got my Chenny, barely. But I have no way to raise her skills right now, so I guess I'll get her to 4* and then backburner her until the next time Chenny Island rolls around.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Oxybeles posted:

Well I got my Chenny, barely. But I have no way to raise her skills right now, so I guess I'll get her to 4* and then backburner her until the next time Chenny Island rolls around.

I was bored and still had my energy potions since I started, so I burned them all. Got Chenny to 1-1-10-7. So many runs...

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
What is an energy potion? I got one from the Tower of Dawn and I couldn't find it in my materials.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Munsun posted:

What is an energy potion? I got one from the Tower of Dawn and I couldn't find it in my materials.

Click your stamina and you get the option to use one (or try to enter a stage you dont have enough stamina for). It refills your stamina so you can keep on grindin'

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Click your stamina and you get the option to use one (or try to enter a stage you dont have enough stamina for). It refills your stamina so you can keep on grindin'

If you don't have any energy potions, it'll also let you blow gems to refill your energy. It's not real efficient, your first go is 30 and it probably goes up from there, but you can do it. I got my chenny to 10-7-5-2 (the first skill is actually useful in grinding chenny genes once you recruit her, a 2-star doing 20,000 damage per hit is a little funny) and am in the process of getting her up to snuff. She's pretty fierce.

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
On the topic of Lost Island characters, it's incredible how much harder Nirvana's stages are than Chenny's or Muang's. I was hoping to unlock him since I managed to get Chenny last weekend, but where my 4* team could easily clear Chenny's third stage, they're hard pressed to deal with Nirvana's second stage. Guess I'm not spending too much time working towards him this weekend!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PhrenzZ posted:

On the topic of Lost Island characters, it's incredible how much harder Nirvana's stages are than Chenny's or Muang's. I was hoping to unlock him since I managed to get Chenny last weekend, but where my 4* team could easily clear Chenny's third stage, they're hard pressed to deal with Nirvana's second stage. Guess I'm not spending too much time working towards him this weekend!

Same, except instead of 4* I can barely beat his level 2 with 3 5* and 2 4*, and the level 3 is a huge joke. It's really annoying, so I'm just leveling people up off the XP events and I'll catch him next time.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Someone said that all three heroes will be available on Lost Island this weekend.

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/438sug/upcoming_changes_to_fwt_translation/

Enjoy that Jack healing passive while you can. On the other hand, bunch of heroes are being buffed.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
This update sounds interesting but it does nothing to accommodate my main request: MORE COSTUMES

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Campbell posted:

This update sounds interesting but it does nothing to accommodate my main request: MORE COSTUMES

http://cafe.naver.com/nexonsfw/124941
Scroll to the bottom (before the comments)

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
Ouch, that defense change seems like it really hurts Chenny. Maybe I'll be farming Muang this weekend instead.

Still, really excited for that patch. That's a lot of content! Maybe with them lowering the difficulty of ToD I'll finally be able to clear it.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Ok all those costumes are awesome.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Digging the Zeus costume.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Enemy set bonuses won't work in Dimensional Breakthrough next patch. :getin:

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Yea that's awesome and probably let me hit rank 9 at least.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Two weeks and a bunch of five stars later, and I still can't consistently beat Nirvana's third stage, or his fourth at all. gently caress it, I'm just gonna max out my Chenny, if I can. May not happen, given that her goddamn third skill takes almost 400 points just to go from 8 to 10. Who's going to start a goon guild once they go live?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Okay gonna try this game

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
So what's the "ongoing gene fragment reward event" going on Verna? Was trying to farm genes to put through the analyzer but I guess they aren't a 100% drop.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

So what's the "ongoing gene fragment reward event" going on Verna? Was trying to farm genes to put through the analyzer but I guess they aren't a 100% drop.

specific gene fragments that drop from bosses (Verna is only Kai) are doubled.

In other news, just beat Tower of Dawn for the first time, got Black Crescent set out of it. S-rank 3 star, seems pretty average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

NinjaDebugger posted:

In other news, just beat Tower of Dawn for the first time, got Black Crescent set out of it. S-rank 3 star, seems pretty average.

There are a lot of crappy 3-star sets. A ~5% damage increase seems like a good deal to me.

• Locked thread