Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
How would you nerf the double kill meta without killing regular strats too? What would accomplish that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I would make it so that a boss death on terrain still allows him to trigger his passive and attack on his turn. That should kill all the manual tuning required for DK and be just "hit the boss as hard as possible without worrying about who gets the kill".

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

I would make it so that a boss death on terrain still allows him to trigger his passive and attack on his turn. That should kill all the manual tuning required for DK and be just "hit the boss as hard as possible without worrying about who gets the kill".

Attacking isn't even necessary, just having the passive happen before terrain would put it back into the realm of tanking.

The dk meta essentially exists because of an early bug that caused the boss to attack twice if it does to a counter. They "fixed" it by ending the enemy turn as soon as the boss dies.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 22, 2018

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
So... new heroes, and new personal sets that come with them... except that for the first time, those personal sets are not restricted to the character in question, but instead to the type (attack type, balance type, etc).

The 7% bonus to attack for allies within 2 looks like an absolute must-have for guild raid, if not every mode. What other sets are going to be required, do you think?

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

Iunnrais posted:

The 7% bonus to attack for allies within 2 looks like an absolute must-have for guild raid, if not every mode. What other sets are going to be required, do you think?

Looking at Worst Slayer. It's a slot 2 that gives 400 attack and 600 per 6-star item equipped. So equipping 5 full 6-star sets gives you 6000 attack and 9000 hp.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Deliciouscesium posted:

Looking at Worst Slayer. It's a slot 2 that gives 400 attack and 600 per 6-star item equipped. So equipping 5 full 6-star sets gives you 6000 attack and 9000 hp.

Okay, my thoughts:

Slot 1:
Potter's Warrior Sword: Meh, unless it turns out that the effects stack with themselves, in which case this could be one of the all time great tod hell sets.
Torn Throne: Unfortunately, being slot 1 doesn't make the Mu set any better, and removing a debuff on kill doesn't help if the debuffs are keeping you from attacking.

Slot 2:
Worst Slayer: 6000 ATK and 9000 HP max, but for raid you're measuring 6000*1.X vs the 36% attack bonus from Predator. That's a hard call.
Red-Light District Prince: 30% unconditional damage reflect has a huge amount of BOH potential

Slot 3:
He Who Opened The Door: 25% resistance, stacking with the 40% from Elemental Knight, we're getting close. This can actually go on Jin and combine with her 3 to make her immune to ailments for a turn at a time, but otherwise so-so attack-only.
Ruler's Style: A better version of Calm Guide is still not great, unfortunately, though if you can stack multiple copies, you might be able to use them to eliminate critical hits in raid.
Jahad's Effenberg: Holy loving poo poo this is the prize right here. 25% final skill power as a two piece? For any AOE character? Most bullshit set since Klein's Secret Notebook. This is the prize.
Mankind's Cultural Heritage: 7% attack for allies seems significant, but you're comparing to slot 3 in raid, which already has Strategy Support System, Fake Lord, Coocoo Rangers Go, and Overlord. On top of that, you need a properly positioned balance to make use of it. I'm not a fan.
Mysterious Guide: Testing shows that the 3 piece bonus on this doesn't apply to Coop attacks, which means it's going to be inferior to Overlord and CRG. If you need mana, you're probably better off with mana storage.
Dignified Alligator: This has some potential in raid for self-healing tanks, but isn't immediately powerful enough that it demands to be grabbed, I think.

Slot 4:
Shoes That Escaped the Rack: This is going to be absolutely infuriating in BOH, since it's almost as much dodge as ghost step and you can't wait it out, but is completely worthless in raid.
Evankhell Floor's Submerged Fish: A less annoying, more offensive Ghost Step, I can see this doing hilarious things with Frank + Noble Kin, to ignore stupid amounts of defense, but otherwise this is an okay knockoff of ghost step.

Slot 5:
Royal Family's Fast Ship: When it's active, 20% crit damage and 22% crit damage resist is okay, but not stellar, given the lack of other bonuses.
Wol Ha Ik Song Deputy Master: This is a giant tanky prize, 25% off all crit damage, and splitting damage taken into 40/60 now/end of next turn is going to do absurd things in BOH, and quite possibly also absurd things in Raid, though we'll have to test how it works with guard effects like High Human Guardian.

Conclusion: The big prizes, in my mind, are Jahad's Effenberg and Wol Ha Ik Song Deputy Master, with Worst Slayer and Red Light District Prince behind those.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
The main reason I stopped playing this game is the autobattle was heating up my phone and literally destroying my battery. :shrug:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The main reason I stopped playing this game is the autobattle was heating up my phone and literally destroying my battery. :shrug:

Still works flawlessly on Nox. You could probably reduce overheating on your phone by turning the speed down, maybe.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Still works flawlessly on Nox. You could probably reduce overheating on your phone by turning the speed down, maybe.

Turning down graphics quality greatly reduced power consumption (and heat) on my S6. But yea, Nox emulator > phone.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Is there a consensus of which soul gears are must haves to purchase for the event? I see a couple of them extend range at level 10, but no idea if that really helps those characters before spending 2k crystals a piece.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Deliciouscesium posted:

Is there a consensus of which soul gears are must haves to purchase for the event? I see a couple of them extend range at level 10, but no idea if that really helps those characters before spending 2k crystals a piece.

Khun Aguero Agnes gets his coop extended by 1, which is huge. He's #1 priority. 5 range straight line/diagonal coop is huge, especially with a heal built in.

Endorsi Jahad gets +2 range on her 3, which is a -group teleport-, and it extends out 6 squares straight or diagonal. That is, to sum up, loving absurd for a lot of purposes, especially in TOD Hard/Hell. If you're not looking for bizarre map hax, though, it's skippable.

Yuri Jahad and Bam both do exactly what they already do, only MUCH HARDER. Bam gets the first double attack in the game that's higher than 40%, I think, and he's all the way up at like 52%. Yuri has the distinction of having a +1 range buff on her 3, which makes it ranged and thus useless against melee-only monsters, so consider carefully if you want to raise it to +10. I'd take Bam first, Yuri second, of the two.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I applied to overflowtax. This game seems pretty legit for freemium.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Do we unlock Kuen in the hard mode? I can't even get past the first stage. That snake knocks my dudes away and has that annoying movement = damage debuff. He also hits pretty hard. Normal mode was easy and this Hard mode is CHAOS!

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

Do we unlock Kuen in the hard mode?

Khun is available at the shop. You have to buy his special box set to get him.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

Do we unlock Kuen in the hard mode? I can't even get past the first stage. That snake knocks my dudes away and has that annoying movement = damage debuff. He also hits pretty hard. Normal mode was easy and this Hard mode is CHAOS!

Hard mode is significantly difficult, but I think there's a strong chance this event will be back at least once, to give people who are newish now a chance to get the hero marks. I didn't even bother SSing the non-gene stages, they're so annoying.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Hard mode feels somewhere between TOD Hard and TOD Hell in terms of difficulty.

For the first floor, you can try a baby Yeka. Use her awakening to push the snake boss off the water tiles into your heroes and whack on it. Swap into an OP merc to try and finish it off.

The power creep is real with each new update. Bam is so OP. I broke through the 1 billion point run wall today thanks to him. Ildo's rebalance breaks Wednesday and I think if I ever get that slot 3 FSP set (that non-AOE one), I might be able to triple kill Friday.

Secx fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 9, 2018

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Slot 2:
Worst Slayer: 6000 ATK and 9000 HP max, but for raid you're measuring 6000*1.X vs the 36% attack bonus from Predator. That's a hard call.

Conclusion: The big prizes, in my mind, are Jahad's Effenberg and Wol Ha Ik Song Deputy Master, with Worst Slayer and Red Light District Prince behind those.

Any update on Worst Slayer vs Predator? I already have one Predator, so I'm wondering if I should diversify a bit. Out of the other ToG sets, I've got Effenberg, Deputy, Evankhell, and Croc.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Any update on Worst Slayer vs Predator? I already have one Predator, so I'm wondering if I should diversify a bit. Out of the other ToG sets, I've got Effenberg, Deputy, Evankhell, and Croc.

I think we concluded that worst slayer wasn't really worth it compared to grabbing throne or guide, both of which are bonkers in their niches.

And when I say bonkers, I mean that if you can guarantee the kills, throne is on par with lone sniper, but works in melee.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 25, 2018

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Okay I've been putting off a couple of 6* set choice.. things for a bit. Here's what I got so far for 6*s:

1) Rebel Army Sword x2, Crusader's Path, Oath of Flame, Unassailable, Kingdom's Tailor, 2 pc Slime King

2) The Immortal, Frenzy Token, The Lab Demon,

3) Beast Rain x2, Jahan's Effenberg, Strategy Support System, King's Arrogance, I Perform The Surgery x4, Mana Storage, Death Bringer, Lightning Guardian, Dignified Crocodile, 2 pc High Human Guardian

4) Devil Knight x2, Elemental Knight x2, Defender of the Earth, Ghost Step, 2 more pc's Ghost Step, Wind Walker,

5) Omni x2, Eldrika, Angel Knight x2, Kleins, 2 pc God of Massacre, Prisoner of Avici Hell.

So, what would be good to select to fill some gaps? Keep in mind I mostly just auto in this game and don't know what I'm doing for the most part. For 3 years.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
What you have is more than enough to smash through world conquest on auto, but you already know that. Have you cleared TOD Hell? You should already be able to with those sets.

If you want to be a little more competitive in BOH, I'd go with 2xDaso (that will cover 3 characters by using just the 2 piece set bonus) and a Vermillion Bird for slot 3. Maybe another Death Bringer.

For GR (or general PVE content), I'd go with Lonesome Sniper, Goblin King, Coocoo Ranger Go, a couple of Hungry Predators, a couple of Wisdoms, Blood Seduction.

Secx fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 2, 2018

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I havent completed hell yet, mostly because im half lazy and half really bad at this game. Thanks for the advice, what would you prioritize?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
How many set selection tickets do you have?

If you enjoy BOH and want to aim for top 100-200, go for Vermillion Bird and Death Bringer for the first two tickets. Revive sets are just part of today's meta. If you have a third ticket, Blood Seduction as it is useful in all content. If you still have leftover tickets, then Daso.

For a mix of BOH and general PVE, I'd go for Coocoo Ranger Go, Blood Seduction and Lonesome Sniper. Maybe an Iron Fist as well.

But I'd wait on Ninja's input before pulling the trigger.

Secx fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 2, 2018

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got 2 tickets.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Then I'd go for the two revive sets I listed if you want to BOH.

For general usefulness, Coocoo Ranger Go and Lonesome Sniper. I know you have a lot of 6* sets in slot 3, but only Effenberg and SSS stand out to me and CCRG is just too good. LS because it provides so much damage if you can satisfy its activation condition and it provides a bunch of crit to help you reach 100% crit too.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

If you enjoy BOH and want to aim for top 100-200, go for Vermillion Bird and Death Bringer for the first two tickets. Revive sets are just part of today's meta. If you have a third ticket, Blood Seduction as it is useful in all content. If you still have leftover tickets, then Daso.

For a mix of BOH and general PVE, I'd go for Coocoo Ranger Go, Blood Seduction and Lonesome Sniper. Maybe an Iron Fist as well.

But I'd wait on Ninja's input before pulling the trigger.

Sorry about the wait, I've just moved to a new city and been settling into my new job after being unemployed for four months, plus a month of prep/moving.

Working off this list:

Charles Bukowski posted:

1) Rebel Army Sword x2, Crusader's Path, Oath of Flame, Unassailable, Kingdom's Tailor, 2 pc Slime King

2) The Immortal, Frenzy Token, The Lab Demon,

3) Beast Rain x2, Jahan's Effenberg, Strategy Support System, King's Arrogance, I Perform The Surgery x4, Mana Storage, Death Bringer, Lightning Guardian, Dignified Crocodile, 2 pc High Human Guardian

4) Devil Knight x2, Elemental Knight x2, Defender of the Earth, Ghost Step, 2 more pc's Ghost Step, Wind Walker,

5) Omni x2, Eldrika, Angel Knight x2, Kleins, 2 pc God of Massacre, Prisoner of Avici Hell.

You missed a HUGE opportunity not redeeming these before Tower of God ended, because several of the Tower of God sets are ridiculous for BOH and you're gonna have to wait for them to run the collab again to get them.

I would only take one revive set at most at this point, probably Vermillion Bird's Red Bloodline, because that set is bonkers, and you already have a Death Bringer. Across everything, your #1 power addition right now is probably going to be a set of Wisdom, and honestly I'd rank just taking two Wisdom as a pretty loving strong move, the set is dumb as hell. In PVE, each Wisdom is worth over 10,000 attack, plus whatever % mods you have on your gear/effects. There is no set that can compare to that except for CoCK, which requires positioning.

as far as Tod Hell goes, you should absolutely be able to beat it, but a set of Sniper and/or Goblin King will 100% help with that, as would Taunting Busybody, Time For Your Shot (this set is bonkers), Coocoo Rangers Go (Honestly this set is so good it should go on my list of things to grab first), and Unprecedented, though the need for that is shrinking now that Lena and Bam both have innate double strike on HP shred.

An unsung hero is the slot 5 set Noble Kin, which does not look all that impressive, but does some real work. especially in combination with Iron Fist and/or Outer Space. I would hold off of slot 5 though, because your'e going to want those mod pots for when you get through ToD Hell, because all three of those sets are the bee's knees.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh whoops I do have the coco rangers go set already.
E: i didnt know the collab leaving would change what you could select. Thats stupid.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I'm definitely pulling for Noble Kin the next time it comes around on rotation even though I'm stacked in slot 5. It opens up too many possible strats with Cel and Ildo.

I might even mileage it if rngesus has forsaken me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

I'm definitely pulling for Noble Kin the next time it comes around on rotation even though I'm stacked in slot 5. It opens up too many possible strats with Cel and Ildo.

I might even mileage it if rngesus has forsaken me.

Yeah, it's worth it basically everywhere. Don't discount the defense ignore, either, especially in combination with other defense ignore stuff, like Frank or Yuri's third skills. At one point I had Yuri ignoring/lowering defense by almost 20,000, and that's enough to ruin people's day even in BOH. In PVE, the simple 3000 ignore will often be a huge damage boost.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I was using a Persona cheese team last BOH map to grab both tiles on attack. Slot 4 Sol was pretty much invincible turn 1 thanks to occupying both tiles, ITS and his passive. The only time I got hosed was with a Noble Kin and def ignore build Yuri who would just shred everyone.

I've been giving Barsark my set selection tickets/hammers for the past couple of months all in the name of TK and improving my GR team. It's nice to finally be able to get something that will be useful in GR and BOH.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the hot tips y'all, I appreciate it. :)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

I've been giving Barsark my set selection tickets/hammers for the past couple of months all in the name of TK and improving my GR team. It's nice to finally be able to get something that will be useful in GR and BOH.

You can always come over to the winning side. By all accounts we're a much nicer bunch, as long as you're actually trying.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Traitor.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Why you gotta be like that?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
I was being facetious. The decision to go all in on GR was mine.

Bars is actually really helpful to others and will log into their accounts when they need that extra tweak to get over the initial set up turns when tuning. But I'm afraid it's making some of them lazy and too reliant on Bars to help them tune for TK. They'll just cry for him to log into their accounts to help them tune instead of doing it themselves.

On another note, I'll break into the 7 billion point club this week if I don't botch tomorrow :toot:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Why you gotta be like that?

Because I miss you, and the thought of you luring our competent people away with offers of careers in the professional FWT world makes me sad.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

I was being facetious. The decision to go all in on GR was mine.

Bars is actually really helpful to others and will log into their accounts when they need that extra tweak to get over the initial set up turns when tuning. But I'm afraid it's making some of them lazy and too reliant on Bars to help them tune for TK. They'll just cry for him to log into their accounts to help them tune instead of doing it themselves.

On another note, I'll break into the 7 billion point club this week if I don't botch tomorrow :toot:

I'll join that club next week, most likely. It would have been this week, but I have a new job and the boss decided he wanted an 'end of day' meeting with me and the two guys who started with me, so I got home with barely time to run the old strat, let alone balance for TK.

I've been out of date for over a month because of moving and starting a new job.

The new strats are loving bananas, but if it's bars logging in and helping you out, let me introduce you one of our fine fellows who took over JackBeNimble's account and took it from an average performer (for us) to a top performer basically overnight. It was absurd.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Because I miss you, and the thought of you luring our competent people away with offers of careers in the professional FWT world makes me sad.

You could always join us in the public part of our alliance discord.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus

NinjaDebugger posted:

The new strats are loving bananas, but if it's bars logging in and helping you out, let me introduce you one of our fine fellows who took over JackBeNimble's account and took it from an average performer (for us) to a top performer basically overnight. It was absurd.

Is that Syphex?

Bars ran my account for about 3 weeks while I was on vacation back in February. I've since put on my big boy raider pants and tuned TK on Friday and Thursday by myself. The other days are just too hard for me so far. I have no terrain runes and some of my boss damage runes are still at like 6.9% despite dumping thousands of energy.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

Is that Syphex?

Bars ran my account for about 3 weeks while I was on vacation back in February. I've since put on my big boy raider pants and tuned TK on Friday and Thursday by myself. The other days are just too hard for me so far. I have no terrain runes and some of my boss damage runes are still at like 6.9% despite dumping thousands of energy.

Nah, it's cael. Great guy. I haven't got Thursday running yet, because new job and moving, but I got the others going.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So, the big news this morning is that FWT is being sold off to Valofe, a company notable mainly for repeatedly buying nexon games and then milking what cash can be found in them while putting as little effort as possible in.

By all accounts, what we have to look forward to is no new content, no bug fixes, no more hack/cheat policing, and a flood of pay to win events.

Basically everybody at this point is at least considering quitting, especially since it's going to be a month, minimum, without content, while the transfer happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
:(

• Locked thread