Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The latest patch is live, and they cranked up the daily gem rewards while also lowering what it takes to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Campbell posted:

Tankiest character last seems the safest in case you end up in the square map with three dudes to your #4 character.

The winter bottleneck map is a pain for me with that setup usually Kai can take the point but not hold out because my other dps are too far back to help for a few turns. Turtle get might be a better option there really.

I've been running Alfred/bounty hunter/Mu/Jack in that order, and it's been a pretty good general purpose order. On the lane battle, Alfred often gets to r un up and nail a tank with his 3-square reach immobilize, which will usually keep them from hitting you back. Meanwhile, Jack often gets rushed by a Chris or Kai, and in general can gently caress up anybody one on one. In the middle, Mu can pretty much take anybody, and then the bounty hunter can fire far enough to aid Jack and/or Mu.

On the interspersed melee, Jack can generally tank the opening, and Alfred starts in striking distance of 2-3 characters with his lockdown, which often lets me effectively deny Chris or Kai a turn. Mu does the same, and at that point you're taking 4 turns to their 2.

And then on the winter bottleneck, Alfred and Jack are capable of tanking the initial assault, Mu arrives a turn later thanks to swampwalk, and then the bounty hunter comes up for the finish.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Oxybeles posted:

Chenny island event again this weekend, apparently, although Nexon said it wouldn't be the same person (supposedly it was going to be Nirvana according to some long-winded thread somewhere which I can't locate). Oh well, I'll take a whack at Chenny. There is a good video up on how to farm her on the subreddit - hopefully you have a 4* Serendi by now!

You don't need Serendi. I'm farming her easily with 4* Alfred, Gillan, Jack, Jenny, Tao.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Oxybeles posted:

You certainly don't need her! If you have something that works, roll with it.

None of my heroes are particularly leveled. Jack and Jenny are both 40ish 4*, but the rest are between level 4 and 20 4*. The important parts are getting them down to where a ranged character in the center can hit both for assist damage, and Jack, basically. Gillan (and maybe the general, if you have him leveled) are useful, because Chenny's not immune to disarm, and both of them have high percentage disarm attacks, but otherwise, you want weakness (Tao and Kai can both dish out good weakness attacks) or other damage buffs, and raw damage capacity.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Click your stamina and you get the option to use one (or try to enter a stage you dont have enough stamina for). It refills your stamina so you can keep on grindin'

If you don't have any energy potions, it'll also let you blow gems to refill your energy. It's not real efficient, your first go is 30 and it probably goes up from there, but you can do it. I got my chenny to 10-7-5-2 (the first skill is actually useful in grinding chenny genes once you recruit her, a 2-star doing 20,000 damage per hit is a little funny) and am in the process of getting her up to snuff. She's pretty fierce.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PhrenzZ posted:

On the topic of Lost Island characters, it's incredible how much harder Nirvana's stages are than Chenny's or Muang's. I was hoping to unlock him since I managed to get Chenny last weekend, but where my 4* team could easily clear Chenny's third stage, they're hard pressed to deal with Nirvana's second stage. Guess I'm not spending too much time working towards him this weekend!

Same, except instead of 4* I can barely beat his level 2 with 3 5* and 2 4*, and the level 3 is a huge joke. It's really annoying, so I'm just leveling people up off the XP events and I'll catch him next time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Two weeks and a bunch of five stars later, and I still can't consistently beat Nirvana's third stage, or his fourth at all. gently caress it, I'm just gonna max out my Chenny, if I can. May not happen, given that her goddamn third skill takes almost 400 points just to go from 8 to 10. Who's going to start a goon guild once they go live?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

So what's the "ongoing gene fragment reward event" going on Verna? Was trying to farm genes to put through the analyzer but I guess they aren't a 100% drop.

specific gene fragments that drop from bosses (Verna is only Kai) are doubled.

In other news, just beat Tower of Dawn for the first time, got Black Crescent set out of it. S-rank 3 star, seems pretty average.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

In the absence of suggestions, I have started guild 'Lowtaxtics'

Twelve character limit is awful.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I hosed up, change over to SwdOfLowtax

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tried to remake and miscalculated number of letters. It was dumb. If you apply, let me know here.

Also, apparently logging in isn't enough to trigger guild attendance, you have to go into the guild menu and check yourself.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 4, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Sraka's in a bad place at the moment: not tanky enough, melee range only, no good CC, crappy passive and 3rd skill. Deb's your go-to AOE/ranged scissors hero until Chenny.

If you want a good tanky melee, try Lance. His newly buffed skills are pretty baller now and he can walk over swamp which is the most annoying impassable terrain. Lance is also a huge help in the paper exp dungeon.

I'd probably drop Alfred for Kai since Alfred's skills take forever to level and his charm is only 28% max'ed.

I actually prefer Alfred to Lance, though that was pre-buff.

I've approved everybody for the guild, and admitted a bunch of pubbies for numbers, I'll bump them out if actual goons apply. Changing your in-game message to something that lets me know you're from here is as good as posting here, fwiw.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

What are the best things to spend chocolate on and what are perfect genes?

Chocolate priority has to be the costume. After that, I'd go for whatever dailies you want, then stock up on demon souls and item sets. Modification stones can be had significantly more easily than demon souls, and while the item set is on mace/shield, the set bonuses more than make up for it, I think, and it'll help propel you to higher levels, where you can accumulate better poo poo.

Similarly, the nepthys adventurer set can help get you to higher levels of nepthys faster, then be swapped out for other, better things.

Edit: Another reason to stock up on demon souls is that they can randomly give you a jackpot and upgrade your hero straight to level 1 of the next rebirth tier.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

kontona posted:

dumb question but how do you change your in-game message?

edit: oops looks like we hit the limit of 20 guild members. will apply as doomXO once space opens up.

Just opened a slot for you.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Incidentally, the limit on demon souls seems to be 3 each. No idea if that will refresh or not, I suspect not. Spent my scissors souls on leveling up Elektra, because I like the cut of her jib and just unlocked her, and have 3 rock and paper ready to level up other stuff.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Any space in the guild (ign: miyori) or should I start a second? For some reason, you disbanding the first guild yesterday put me on a 24hr cooldown.

strike that, you have an invite now.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 5, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mine wasn't claimable until I actually logged out, updated, and logged back in. There's been two or three patches pushed since the big one.

On a chocolatey note, I managed to grab everything except the 750 item set on the first day, so once I grab that, there's nothing but dailies and enhancement bonuses to blow things on.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mardragon posted:

Is there any more random folks in the guild if so can I join as Hunkmanbeef?

Invited you.

In other news, do not buy the lucky bag promos. The two lower quality ones are bad, three completely random 4 or 5 star set items, so unless you're already packing a bunch of broken sets, chances are you're going to get nothing useful. The highest one gives a single entire set, but is currently broken, it's giving a single random set chosen from all possible, rather than just 5 star.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Invite sent.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Yea, they're 2x exp multipliers, so each one is worth 9x cats (9x cats + devil's soul), or about 3/4 of a full day of cat-exp at high levels (when you double-reset the cat-exp dungeon every day).

If you're having trouble with progression, use them on your highest damage hero to level up fast and try to get the next tier of equipment.

It's also very slightly less profitable to use them on 5* characters, because there's a very small chance you'll hit the potential jackpot, which will bump you straight to level 1 of the next tier.

edit: Looks like they've changed the wording on the lucky bag with a quick patch, but are going to compensate people who bought it thinking it was a 5* at the next patch day with an actual 5* equipment bag. Nice.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 6, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

100%'ing zones is a waste of time. Progress as far as you can while still SS'ing bosses. Stop and farm genes for your heroes of choice when you can't SS all the boss levels.

This. If I'm having trouble progressing in a zone, I would go back and SS a single level in a previous stage for the daily gems, but otherwise, advance as fast as you can, and always run expeditions on the most advanced stuff you can do successfully (with mercs)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The black mage costume for Lord is absolutely worth it, period. MP boosts are just good, especially at lower levels.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dershiva posted:

Can I get a spot/invite for the guild? In as Dershiva.

Invitation sent.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

If there's still more room I could use an invite; same name in-game.

Invitation sent.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Whups, you weren't on my master list somehow.

The list as it stands:

NinjaDebugger
doomXO
VirusSA
Campbell
Deadmeat
Ayndin
Killbarn
DontMindMe
Phrenz
Hunkmanbeef
Miyori
somefool200
Neurolimal
Dershiva
Hilarity
Hotballs
Golluk

Sophism

Once you accept the invite again, that'll make 18, leaving... Shinjifo and Psyler as the only non-goons.

van fem posted:

I used to think that too, but you'll be getting 150-200% for free from your friends' mercenaries, so an extra 50% is only a 1.25x modifier to base probability for free stuff. I'm lucky if I see a few extra red crystals a day from expeditions.

Keep in mind, the only costume worth buying is Serendi's. Priority for red crystals should be (in order):
  1. Friends list to 50 slots (once you're strong enough people are using your Merc for expedition runs, upgrade to 100)

Also worth noting on this score is -always- take a merc with you, even just on missions you're gonna autoplay. Using a merc gives 50 friend points to them AND you.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 11, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Campbell posted:

There's a promo that's been up for the last few days about getting a reward for having more than 20 people in the guild, but is there even a way to increase the 20 person limit?

No, there's a post on the boards that makes it clear it's for getting the full 20 people, it's just (another) bad translation.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Campbell posted:

Oh that makes sense. I was thinking I was missing an opportunity at another crystal sink or something. That said it'd be awesome if there were guild perks at some point.

There are, it's just not much. Still, fifty energy a day if you can get everybody to check in is not bad.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Left posted:

I had no idea we had a thread for this time-waster mobile game. My ign is Saim, if there's room in the guild. I could use some more friends too :shittydog:

Missed this last page, invite sent. Only one random left

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Could I snag that last spot? My ign is MarcusSA.

Invite sent. The final guild list, for the moment, is:

NinjaDebugger
Deadmeat
Miyori
doomXO
VirusSA
Golluk
Ayndin
Hilarity
Killbarn
Campbell
Hotballs
DontMindMe
Phrenz
Hunkmanbeef
somefool200
Dershiva
Neurolimal
Sophism
Saim
MarcusSA

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I'm two heroes away from having 5 of each type at 5 stars. Got the compensation capsule this morning and pulled a Friday the 13th Set from it (sword/boots/necklace, +5% crit damage/kill, +5% HP/kill). I previously had one piece of this, so I can split it up for +Crit damage, or take the heal on kill for one character.

Options:
Jack (Currently has White Knight's Oath +31% Aggro, +HP to everybody)
Alfred
Jenny
Gillan (Currently 2 parts of Hellish Flame's Guide for +19 MP regen when HP below 30%)
Chenny
Unknown (Currently 2 parts of Ultimate Weapon Gold Tiger for +80% attack when the last one standing)
Mu
Deborah
Persona
Chris (Currently 2 parts of White Knight's Oath for +31% aggro)
Elektra
Dominique
Tao
Cleo (will hit 5* tomorrow)
Poni (Will hit 5* sometime next week)

I'm currently leaning toward Jenny, Chenny, or Dominique for it. Jenny will get quite a bit of use out of the crit damage, and Dominique and Chenny are both pretty killy.

Speaking of sets, I have some, and I'm still trying to figure out if my placement is anything like optimal.

1*
Ketarh Apprentice 3(Alfred) (+24 MP, +3 MP Regen) (Area only)
Ketarh Apprentice 3(Jenny)
Slime King's Dignity 2 (Gillan) (+1000 defense at <40% HP)
Super Ranger Yellow 2 (Chenny) (+60 dodge/turn)
Cold-Hearted Sniper 2 (Unknown) (+380 Attack) (Attack Type only)
Rebel Army Supply 3 (Mu) (+4% HP, +5% direction strategy) (Paper only)
Ketarh Apprentice 3 (Deborah)
Born Assassin 3 (Persona) (+634 Attack, +800 Crit Rate)
Rebel Army Supply 2 (Chris) (+4% HP) (Paper only)
Born Assassin 2 (Tao) (+634 Attack)
Super Ranger Yellow 2 (Cleo) (+60 dodge/turn)
Ketarh Apprentice 2(Moa)
Witch's Tools 2 (Kitty) (+8 MP Regen)

2*
Nepthys Adventurer 3 (Jenny) (+1460 HP all allies, +350 Attack all allies) (Nepthys only)

3*
Rebel Army Commander 2 (Jack) (+3064 HP all allies)
Wild Chaser 2 (Alfred) (Water terrain favored)
Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian 3 (Gillan) (+1500 defense, +1500 Dodge while HP <50%)
Sweet & Scary Chocolate Warrior 3 (Unknown) (+760 Crit Rate, +1154 Attack)
Shadow Corps 2 (Deborah) (+150 Crit rate to all allies)
Black Crescent (Tao) (+1044 Attack, +7% Advantage strat) (Attack type only)

4*
Ketarh's Secret 2 (Alfred) (+6 MP regen) (Area type only)

5*
Detailed above

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 16, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

I don't know if the heal on kill is really worth much. 5% of 60k hp is only 3k.

Well, I went ahead and put it on chenny, I hope maybe it triggers once for each enemy killed, which would make it significantly better. I'll take what I can get, though. If that sucks, maybe I'll move it over to Dominique, at worst, the 5% will hopefully negate half the downside of her third skill.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

I can't seem to find the guild "Lowtaxtics" if that's the one everyone is in. Is it full? If so I'll have to look around then. Also thanks for the previous advice, enhancing and refining my poo poo tier weapons and rebirthing my characters definitely made things easier. Managed to recruit Carrot! Right now my party is Chris, Kai, Sraka and Carrot.

The current goon guild is actually SwdOfLowtax, but is 100% full of goons.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

I started playing this, my name in game is Tsurupettan.

Are any of the IAP packs worth it?

Are there any trap decisions with the heroes (like they are completely lovely later and unusable) or are they generally all acceptable and worth investing in?

Coocoo's Gift ($3 first time, renewable monthly for $5) is good if you're willing to spend cash at all. Most other IAP stuff isn't worth it, except for the occasional holiday package, unless you're a filthy moneyhaver and can afford to blow a hundred bucks here and there.

All heroes are pretty usable PvE, PVP is harder. Once you get through Vulcan, be absolutely certain to get Jack, keep him leveled, and max him out, starting with his third skill. He is basically essential for a lot of poo poo, because his third skill deals absurd damage to any boss that isn't immune (which is almost none of them.)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

The 2 star set is pretty crappy. I'd just buy the daily items, the devil's souls, and the 3* set if you have extra chocolate (but don't sweat it if you don't).

The 2-star set is pretty good if you're a noob, it can probably help you progress just a tad faster in nepthys.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

I was wondering how some of you guys have completed so many sets are y'all just rolling for gear a lot of what?

Don't blow crystals on unimportant stuff, don't blow a huge amount on low level rolls, keep re-upping Coocoo's Gift. And, since I'm a filthy moneyhaver, I've done some of the holiday packs. I got a fair number of random set pieces from black capsule login events and tower of dawn, and you can use those to buy when to drop crystals on black capsule events from the store. If you've got one piece each of the A, S, and SS for a level, it's a real good time to roll the dice a time or three.

I'm currently saving up for a splurge on the fives, thinking maybe I'll wait for Ultimate Weapon Gold Tiger to come around, preferably with Klein's Secret Notebook or Omniscient and Omnipotent at SS, unless I see a confluence of Dasomier Battle Suit + Wilderness Desperado at 3. If I can manage Ultimate Weapon Gold Tiger + Wilderness Desperado on a single character, I may end up with somebody who can just solo DB.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Anyone have a recommended setup for auto farming Chenny genes? Probably won't try for anything above Island 1.

Auto-farming Chenny and Muang doesn't work, because the AI is dumb as hell and goes for the infinitely respawning mobs over the mandatory bosses. You can, however, pretty easily get to the point where you can farm even Chenny's level 3 as long as you have the right people.

I did it while I was still low 4* high 3*, using Alfred, Gillan, Jack, any character with 3+ range basic attack, and any one other character. Alfred MUST be first, and it helps to have Gillan be in... third, I think. Jack should be second or fourth.

Enter with a hellfire saved up, blow it immediately, moving everybody up, keeping Jack on the right side.

Move Alfred up to the left, putting him right in the corner of Chenny's 9 square area, and use his second attack to hit her. This will cause that Chenny, on her turn, to move right next to him, 2 squares from the potion zone, and hit him with her first attack.

Move Gillan up onto the poison square to support Alfred. Move your ranged character up towards the potion square, move Jack up 2 squares away from the potion square, facing ahead. This will cause THAT Chenny to hit him from the side, putting her 3 squares away from the potion square. Move the last character up towards supporting Jack.

The Chennys will behave as noted. Move Alfred around behind, your ranged attacker up to take the potion and support against both Chenny, attacking one of them. Gillan try to disarm the chenny he can hit from where he is with terrain advantage. Jack move around to his Chenny's side and start spamming his 3, and then the final character moves up to support Jack, being sure never to be where Chenny can hit both them and Jack.

Chenny's attack pattern will always go 1, 2, 3, and by the time she finishes that pattern, you should have her close enough that everybody who survives can finish her.

I'm pretty sure this general strat works even on Chenny 1 and 2, but be sure and try to do the 3 if you can, the rewards are MUCH better. Once you unlock Chenny, absolutely swap her in as Jack's supporter, and immediately bump her rank 1 up to 10 so it's eating 7.5% of that Chenny's HP at a time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

Cat dungeon became a lot easier when I realized the trick is to attack them in a way that they can't counter.

The trick to paper coocoos is literally Alfred. Once you have his third skill to rank 10, he 100% locks down all of them within three squares of him, which removes all their counterattack damage. Once you can do that, you can use almost anybody to blow up the rest.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

I read the write-up in the OP about weapons/armour, but is there a good rule of thumb about what kinds of equipment to generally use for defensive, attack, balanced, etc.. characters? My shootymans seem to have higher crit than others so I gave em bows. Do balanced characters benefit more from counter than hit? Info like that wouls be appreciated.

Everybody wants bows and armor, unless they have crappy hit%, in which case give them a sword or two. Accessories should be necklaces to get up to 100% mastery, then rings for attackers and brooches for tanks. There aren't really any viable counter builds left in the game, so maces and shields are poo poo, and dodge basically caps out at like 66% dodge, and because of the way it interacts with hit rates, it's really significantly lower than that, so boots are pretty bad for the most part.

There's a pretty good guide up on reddit about what kind of item potentials you want if you have modification stones to blow.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Incidentally, it looks like Wild Chaser is one of this week's A-rank sets. It should be noted that it doesn't just enable water and swamp travel, but actually makes them favored. They will now trigger terrain bonus for attacking, and if you have Persona or Lance on your team, will trigger their passives. A paper character with all 3 pieces can trigger Jenny, Lance, and Persona at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Well, at least that makes only getting 2 set pieces out of 20 rolls a bit less terrible :|

That makes me wonder how a team of Mu (with those 2 pieces) + Jenny, Lance, Persona, and 1 other would work, since Mu's got the swamp type to trigger Lance. That's two 6-move characters, a solid area attacker, a stunbot, and then somebody to do whatever else you want/be a required character.

edit: actually... swap out Mu. Instead, take Alfred and Lily, Lily with the set pieces. Lily would then trigger Jenny, Lance, and Persona. Alfred's 100% lockdown on third skill and Persona's lockdown first skill enable Lily's 2 round 100% stun, Lily enables Persona, Jenny, and Lance's passives. Persona can swap Lance into place at the same time negating Lance's self-immobilize. There's a lot of potential synergy there.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 24, 2016

• Locked thread