Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm open to better ideas!

I'm not sure it was ever appropriate to switch away from Grimbo's Blog tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Waze?

GPS Status?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Uthor posted:

I don't hate Pocket Casts as it doesn't clash with how I use it

same. a few things moved slightly and i took a minute and went "oh, ok". later that day i did other things too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Hello boys and girls. I picked up an Android phone after years of using an iphone and though it's been a pretty decent swap there's one single thing that I'm having an issue with and that's the way Android deals with images.

On the iphone when you save an image, take a photo or whatever it just flings it into a single folder for you to do whatever you want with. Android is trying to be too smart about things so there's dozens of folders depending on where the image came from; twitter, the camera, another folder called camera but isn't the phone camera, download folder, screenshots, messenger, another download folder, instagram, whatsapp, another twitter folder, another screenshots folder, more whatsapp... I think you get the idea. The google photos app also scrapes the phone's folders and bring in the album art from my music and each album has an individual folder, it's just a little annoying.

Basically all I want is for all images to go in one folder, if I want them in another folder I'm happy to put them in myself. Also it'd be cool to ignore album art. How do I achieve this?

as far as i know its up to the app developer to set where on the phone storage saved images go. think of the main page of Google Photos as an "All Inboxes" kind of deal. If you slide out the options panel and go to Settings there's a Backup and Sync section. Go there then Back Up Devices Folders. In there you can uncheck folders you dont want displayed or backed up.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i liked allo but lol that poo poo was doomed from the get go

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Party Boat posted:

Is there anywhere I can set the auto download time and frequency? Or will it just grab the episodes as soon as the RSS feed updates?

afaik the only options that apply in PC is to set it to only download automatically when wifi is on and/or plugged in.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MagusDraco posted:

I will say one good thing came from the pocket casts update. It no longer bugs out when connecting to my car's bluetooth. Half the time it'd play for half a second before stopping if the podcast was already playing. It probably was trying to hit play because my car's bluetooth tries to resume whatever you were last playing when you connect to it and was accidentally pausing because of that.

oh hey, i thought that was just my phone doing its own personal "lol im a dumb android" thing but now that you mention it...it hasn't done that again since the update

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I've been using pocket casts forever. The recent redesign took some getting used to but honestly I've never had a single problem with it in years.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Uthor posted:

As a luddite with an alarm clock (who usually wakes up before the alarm, even on weekends): I heard about a Withings smartwatch feature that detects if you are in a light sleep and softly vibrates your wrist to wake you up, letting you sleep a little longer if you are in a deep sleep and that sounds awesome.

I'm not seeing that in my wellness app but i only have a midrange Steel HR (which i love love love). I use a gentle rise alarm (currently TImely but Android 10 broke the gently caress out of it) then have my watch set to vibrate 15 minutes after my regular alarm as a "just in case".

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
oh dont you worry, its canon now. :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
No.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

couldcareless posted:

Coincidentally also safest place incase there's an incredibly infectious disease that spreads across the globe.

every dime of govt spending was to create a sneeze listening center that could detect one on the other side of the planet

at first everyone else laughed.

now?.... :smug:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Just link to Google Photos. it drops you right at a page with a play button

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cinnamon rollout posted:

Except the photo chat thing is good and useful and gives my parents s place to talk about the pictures of my son that I share with them.

i can't even imagine trying to teach my boomer as poo poo parents an esoteric google product.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

dissss posted:

I hate it.

unironically empty quoting

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

bull3964 posted:

WTF? Google seems to be using their whole rear end with something? Someone bored in quarantine?

https://www.engadget.com/youtube-music-google-play-music-library-transfer-150022835.html

I signed up for GPM and got YTR packaged when it initially rolled out a million years ago. I don't give a poo poo what app I'm using (GPM vs YTM) but I want to know if my pricing and packaged YTR remains intact. Obviously don't want to pay more and if I see a YT commercial I'll blow my brains out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
jfc how is yt music this loving bad? every God drat day I find some awful thing it does for no reason. today's? if you slap that shuffle option on a large playlist it will only plan out like 50 tracks or whatever. what happens when you reach the end despite the playlist being much larger? get hosed, that's what. you have to back out and hit shuffle again. why?

christ