Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Thermopyle posted:

I went ahead and uninstalled ES File Explorer and didn't install another file browser because I realized it's been months since I needed one.

I would do this but I access my NAS all the time on my devices, gently caress ES file explorer I've changed the review I left 2 years ago to one star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
In the uk it is 10p. For once we don't get shafted by exchange rates and tax!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Portal is also pretty nice.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Thanatosian posted:

Is there a good index/flashcard app? Ideally one that will sync between a Chrome extension or Windows app via Google Drive or something similar? I guess something like Keep, but for index/flashcards. Preferably that allows graphics, but that's probably asking too much.

The ones I remember using a while ago were anki and mnemosyne I think. Not sure if they support graphics, but they both do that spaced repetition thing to test your memory. Was useful when trying to learn another language.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Quite right too, it's a dying technology and several orders of magnitude more expensive for the end user.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Appoda posted:

I ended up with a new phone, so now I have an old android phone with a partially cracked screen that just sits below my monitor, propped up by a popsocket. Is there anything neat I can do with it, considering I leave it plugged in and on all the time? I thought about getting a folder full of fantasy art and just setting it to slideshow through them, but any other fun suggestions for what to do with a five-inch screen are appreciated.

Make it a custom auxiliary keyboard, this is gaming oriented but you can use it for pretty much anything: http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

The Duggler posted:

The uTorrent app just made me watch a video to exit...

Are there any recommended torrent apps? I don't torrent to my phone often but it's always nice to be able to share files legally

Flud

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.delphicoder.flud

There are ads but I've never seen a video ad, and never been forced to experience an ad to use it.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I scanned the QR code for Google Allo and that's the quickest response time I've ever seen to go from a reg page to basically what I see in-app. I had the image up on my PC, scanned it and before I could look up there was already a chat window displayed. Impressive, but it is recommending that I talk to some old old old friends who I really don't want to talk to, possibly ever again so it clearly has its pros and cons.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

baka kaba posted:

Just a heads up, the Play Store is showing when your promo credit expires now, in case anyone didn't know. So if you get your survey bucks and never actually spend them like me, your time might be running out!

I suppose now we'll get to see if the date changes with each new payment of survey bucks.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Google Fit decided that I need to adjust my goals as I haven't been meeting them. I work retail and spend 8h+ a day on my feet at work but obviously don't carry my phone to record this. It wanted to adjust it to just 20 mins a day.

I get that I appear sedentary but still I was insulted.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Or they have separate hashes/salts/whatever the right terminologies are for each combination of 3 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I got surveys to do with sleep all the time when I was on night shift.