Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Taffer posted:

Plex does podcasts now. I'm not a super heavy podcast listener so I don't have a bucket list of required features, but it has everything I need and works well, within an app I already have and love.

This is weird; I see that in the patch notes, but I added a few podcasts through the web interface and not only don't see them in the app but I don't see podcasts as a media type anywhere...

It seems very barebones and beta in the web interface at the moment as well. I think it'll be a while before it becomes a consideration to power users, assuming plex builds it out in that direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jewce posted:

Have there been any posts about apps to spend your Rewards dollars on? I've got like $30 and I can't think of poo poo to buy. I guess I could get books or movies or something, but some cool apps would be fun.

I've paid for a few weather apps, reddit app, SD maid, nova prime, etc... All the usual poo poo, so now what?

I started using Screenshot Crop & Share thanks to recommendations here and it is excellent and has a few premium features like scrolling screenshots and blur that are well worth it.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

Maps is the only Google app I can think of where the ads are prominent and obvious aside from search.

YouTube, if you don't have Red. And the Play Store.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wonder how many of those obihai gvoice boxes are out there? I've found one pretty useful.