Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Emby is a pretty cool alternative to Plex. Fully open source, even the server. They have a plex-pass like Premiere feature, but I would imagine that is only for people who really need local device sync.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Pushbullet has gone pro. https://www.pushbullet.com/pro

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Uthor posted:

Can I ask how you set that up? I'm looking at my Steam Guard settings now and have the choices of "app", "email", and "off". I don't see SMS.

I think he was talking about battle.net

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I am looking for an app that will let me catalog my blu rays and ps4 games. I used to use the goon-made Shelves app but I think it was abandoned. Paid is fine as I have plenty of google fun bucks.

I would just use a google docs but I want to be able to scan barcodes.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Taffer posted:

It's also notoriously bad at predicting weather. Like the 3 times already this winter that it's predicted 10in+ (19in once) of snow but through the entire winter we've gotten about 2.

I still put up with it cause basically all I want from it is the temperature on my notification bar, but if you want actual weather forecasts just go to NOAA.

You can change the weather source.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I am looking for an app that will read PDF files back to me in my car. Go.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Blitter posted:

I like moonreader pro; its pretty focussed on reading books, not a generic screen reader. It has a decent book manager view, and can sync reading positions via gdrive/dropbox which is handy if you use multiple devices.

If you use calibre to manage your library on your desktop, calibre companion works well with the above setup.

Thank you very much!!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

peepsalot posted:

Is there a way that I can use one android device as a wireless(WIFI) controller input for another?

I have an android phone, and a little ARM based pi-like board (PINE64) running android, intended as a media center / HTPC. I think the phone would make a nice controller for this, if i could type things into the onscreen keyboard on the phone, and they would come up on the media center as if typed via a plugged in keyboard. And also using the touchscreen to move a mouse cursor on the other device?
I don't want to screencast from the phone, in case anyone is thinking that.

What software will you be running? If you run openelec you can just use the Kore kodi app to accomplish this, I think.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Are there any decent alternatives to Field Trip? Looks like it hasn't been updated in over a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EcoBlue posted:

Say, where should I look for app news? I'm not sure where to look to find out what's good anymore.

Grimbos blog