Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Does anyone know of a good app that I can use to compress videos that is a one-time purchase? Every one I've tried is just so ad-infested it's unusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I used to use an app to run other apps at a lower resolution because my Nexus 10 was struggling running stuff. I'm pretty sure it required root though.

When I search the app store for "resolution changer" and such queries, I only get the same three apps and none of them are it so I don't know what happened to it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Holy poo poo, it really is! I can look up recipes without getting mad.

This is pretty much the exact use case I had in mind when I came to the thread today. Recipe sites might be the worst about ads.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

for just cropping and resizing/compressing (which google photos cannot do), I've been using Photo Compressor and Resizer, which lets you resize to specific resolutions and change file types as well. it does have ads but they're the ignorable non-intrusive kind

e: this is exactly what you're looking for

This is the app I ended up settling on as well when I looked a few weeks ago. I wish there were a similar app for compressing video to a target file size or resolution but all the ones I found were abysmal with ads.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Any suggestions for simple run tracker apps that don't require a login or an account or network connectivity? I just want GPS tracking for distance and mapping routes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

nielsm posted:

I bought a random rear end nail clipper for cheap in Japan and it's miles better than anything else I've ever had.

Thinking about a pair of nail clippers that's also a radio receiver now