Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Google opinion asked if I have verizon, att, sprint, tmobile or other for cell service.

Other. I have Fi. Oh well, a quarter is a quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Julet Esqu posted:

You like it? I'm thinking of switching soon.
I love it. The price is right, and in my area both AT&T and Sprint have strong tower presence so I've never had service issues.

I wish I had gotten the smaller phone though; the nexus 6 is too big for me.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Google play now allows payment of partial balance from credits when buying off the store!

Now get out there and give google your personal opinions!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If you're looking to take panoramas, you should absolutely download cardboard camera, even if you don't have a google cardboard. You can view and sync them in google photos and instead of the camera app's photosphere / panorama format where you move pause move, it's more like the iphone's panorama function where you slowly pan in a 360 in portrait mode.

Better functionality, better result, and if you ever get a cardboard you can check it out in 3d as well. It records sound, which could be neat.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Super Dude posted:

Where is the best place to buy one of those pre-made cardboard setups?
I ordered the knox v2 from here https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/get-cardboard/ but that's because I have the big-rear end nexus 6 and I needed the larger one. It's pretty expensive, and I'm sure there are cheaper models if you don't have a giganto screen.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That's creepy as gently caress and the instant a random bot chirps up with a unsolicited suggestion in messaging, people are going to flip their poo poo.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
It's a sad day when the Google now invasion makes it plausible enough to be true

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I haven't actually had a survey since I upgraded to marshmallow. I was getting one per day before. I wonder what's broken?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

fishmech posted:

Maybe those of you who have suddenly got less surveys should double check that location history reporting is still enabled. Sometimes it gets disabled during a major upgrade.
fichmeched again

Yeah, this worked and i'm getting surveys now.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I will continue to use hangouts, I'm not sure what the target market for allo is but i know I'm definitely not in it.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Does google honestly think desktop integration and multiple devices is not worth keeping up with? Either they are really confused at what users habits are or I am a very atypical user.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hangouts definitely follows the rules for Do Not Disturb on my phone.
Same.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Pocketcasts is good and I use it for podcasts, but I use "Smart Audiobook Player" for audiobooks - it's got a few features I find useful, like auto-play on bluetooth connect / headphone connect, and I find it's 'library scanning' feature more convenient to use. They both have standard features like speed control and sleep mode. I sync from a google drive so I don't want to have to manually move files around.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I use google drive to move my database file around. When you install keepass2droid or keepassdroid you go into google drive and pin your database file so it's available offline, then you just open drive, select it, and it will auto-launch the app.

No idea how you make a keyfile work in this context, presumably you have some other way of storing files on your phone. I just use password auth with a long passphrase.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
An app that specifically allows only one device was never going anywhere. Surprised it still took 2 years for them to take it behind the woodshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Surely it will work this time!