Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Does no one use Wunderlist for groceries/list syncing? It's great, and even has a Chrome app!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

uPen posted:

If you're both signed in to the same account you should be able to press sync to send it. In my experience out of milk's syncing/sharing is unreliable garbage

2nding this, use a better app. I use Wunderlist.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Tots posted:

I'm going to hijack this post to rep KeePass which is always free! It's multi platform, free, opensource, and I sync it to Google Drive and it's always treated me very well. I'm sure the other solutions are great too, but each has their niche.

+1'ing this - recently switched from LastPass, to 1Password (which I hated) and now using KeePass. The syncing is great, and Keepass2Android even supports fingerprint, which 1Password doesn't have.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Is there an app that will lock the screen to the current app that's loaded? Here's my use case:

I give my kid my phone to look at pictures. She loves looking at pictures, but isn't so good with swiping. She'll hit the home button, recents button, etc. I'd like something that would lock her into that app, locking her out of notifications and all the on-screen buttons.

Does such a thing exist?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
What are you Android bros still using for keyboards? I was a big fan of Google Keyboard, but switched to Fleksy for a while as the gestures are badass.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
For those using Google Voice, are you able to use visual voicemail through the stock dialer, or are you getting your voicemails transcribed through Hangouts?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

hotsauce posted:

Fenix is dead. Out of tokens. That's a shame.

Well, there's always Talon.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Mogomra posted:

I'm sorry, I know this was asked before, but I can't find it now. What do people use to get new TV episode notifications? Google Now still doesn't do that anymore, right? If it does, I can't figure it out how.

I use TV Show Favs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tvshowfavs

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

hooah posted:

MightyText has had some minor issues for me, so I figured I'd try out Join. However, I don't get notified of texts on the Windows 10 app. Everything else that I have enabled notifies just fine. Any ideas? Joao is apparently on vacation for at least another couple of weeks, so the free trial might expire before I hear back from him.

I think you have to specifically the SMS service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
What are you Feedly subscribers using for a reader on your phone? I've used Press and Newsfold but they have completely stopped development as the apps haven't been updated in forever.