Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Budgie posted:

I would do this but I access my NAS all the time on my devices, gently caress ES file explorer I've changed the review I left 2 years ago to one star.

I did the same like a week ago. I'm currently still in the test period of solid explorer but I will almost certainly buy it once that ends. It 'hides' all networking including LAN under 'cloud-connections'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

vyst posted:

I'm sure there's a way to do this but my brain is broken at the moment.

Here's what I would like to do:

1. I want to hear the ringtone for contacts when they call or text and everyone else it vibrates the phone
2. I want to vibrate only for every other notification on the phone (facebook/gmail/whatever)

I'm thinking a mixture of Do Not Disturb will accomplish this but I can't remember if Do Not Disturb only silences and you're unable to get vibrations.

Set both ringtone and notification sound to none then assign special ringtones to the contacts?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

couldcareless posted:

Recently got an android auto equipped car and of course poweramp still hasn't started supporting android auto playback. Is there a music player aside from Play Music with Android auto support that is recommended in lieu of poweramp?

Kinda makes me want to include Android Auto support in Awful just to see how many goons I can kill

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Uthor posted:

Android Apps:  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now I'm sad thread titles do not support unicode.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Tunga posted:

No because that is Hangouts and Hangouts is staying as a business tool and Gmail is also a business tool.
Well if rotaryfun is also a business tool it all works out :downsrim:

Keyser S0ze posted:

comments section spot on as usual

Actually that one's outdated. The current one would be a mixture of the apple and microsoft ones, lot's of endpoints pointing guns at each other.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I think I just had my weirdest google rewards questionnaire yet. It showed me a muted video ad for the google home assistent thing. The video had subtitles however and every question began with "hey Siri". It then asked me whether I'd trust Siri enough to put such a thing in my home.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Have you checked the app specific permissions? Did you maybe by accident (or on purpose) revoke chrome's location permission?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

They should have just loving bought whatsapp and packaged it with the rest instead of thinking "nah this is too expensive, we can do it ourselves for that kind of money" because quite evidently they can't.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

fadam posted:

What's the best Android phone optimizer? CCleaner?

Buying a better phone that doesn't need "optimization" in the first place

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

No, Motorola, just no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

"it's still not material enough, Steve"

"maybe if I fold it some more..."

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

effika posted:

Does AMDroid have a way to dismiss upcoming alarms? I used to be able to do that from the notification shade when I as using Timely, once it was baked into Android.

AMDroid doesn't seem to tap into that, I guess?

:psyduck: I have no idea but I swear it at least used to do this

Nevermind it appeared at 12h before the alarm is supposed to go off

Sereri fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 14, 2017

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

XIII posted:

He/she REALLY needs a budget

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
App subscriptions $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

@Vykk.Draygo no

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

bull3964 posted:

For content, I had the most Google thing happen yesterday. I got a legit email from Nest and Gmail put it in the SPAM folder. Way to go guys.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Anyone know why I can't see posts in the awful app? Threads and sub forums show up fine but there's no actual posts! (Of course what this means is I can post any old poo poo I like and never actually hear about it)

This:

But also, if this is only a recent thing, it might be you're actually logged out. Try to log out and back in.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

We use Bring! after buymeapie and out of milk stopped working and it's been great for the past couple of years.

The developers are from Switzerland so there might be a euro bias in the app, ymmv i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Iron Crowned posted:

I've been using Out of Milk for years, and it's still working fine for me.

I don't remember what the issue with it was, but at this point they have withdrawn the app in Europe and you can't download it anymore.