Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

ThermoPhysical posted:

The only thing I like about YouTube Music is there are things that aren't available on GPM that are on YTM (or, if they are, you need to pay for them through Google Play first).

I've seen quite a few artists who have their music free on GPM for a while, but suddenly it's just gone and you have to pay for the entire album to get it back.

I wish they'd notify you of this stuff...just give me a heads up that things are expiring instead of vanishing them out of playlists and hoping I'll notice 3 songs out of 400 are missing and buy them. The caveat of streaming I suppose..just don't hide it from me.

Just had the web messaging switch flip on for me finally. 2 days before my trial of Join was up too, sucks for them. It's not Gvoice integration or iMessage or anything, which is what I'm hoping for someday..but it's a start I guess?

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Went to use Messages yesterday and it was in the new material 2 style font and had a floating reply element..and it also had a dark mode. Used it all day, today first text I get the app is back to the "old" version. Am I alone? The dark mode was actually really nice and I missed that option from textra. Can I force it to refresh into the updated app?

E: The internet says no. Reverted server side. You teases......

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 18, 2018

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
A single day of a/b testing is the most google thing I've ever heard of. Always a new bar.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Celexi posted:

Would be cool if google had media controls in the control center like iOS does instead of relying on notifications

If it was something optional in the quick settings ui, totally. I don't want more persistent ui elements I can't turn off and I don't think I'm alone in that

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Reccomended rdp client?

Chrome rdp won't resize 1600p to the remote devices 1080 display.. Which is...not ideal.

Microsofts (the version being updated currently of the two in the play store) works much better other then windows having a refresh rate of what seems to be 2hz when scrolling in any window.. Both devices are on a decent ac 1900 network and are 60hz, no clue.

Was hoping to not have to install third party stuff on the host pc but i'm all ears at this point