Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord
Is there a way to stop Gmail app from popping up notifications for e-mails (IMAP account) that I have loooong ago read and deleted on another computer? Always had this problem but right now I'm getting so many work e-mails that it's driving me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord
Wrong thread.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I use AquaMail and I've been happy with it. It's been a while since I did any comparing. I remember that I went from K9 to AquaMail because K9 had more trouble with some HTML layouts in messages.

Woah, thanks! This has actually useful options, hopefully it works better than gmail junk with IMAP.

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I use AquaMail and I've been happy with it. It's been a while since I did any comparing. I remember that I went from K9 to AquaMail because K9 had more trouble with some HTML layouts in messages.

ah forget it posted:

Woah, thanks! This has actually useful options, hopefully it works better than gmail junk with IMAP.

So far this looks to be really nice e-mail client. Good set of actually useful options and most importantly it does not get confused if I read e-mails with other programs and picks up changes made with those clients really quick. Even notification goes away if I read new messages on desktop! Why can't gmail app get that poo poo right?

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'd like to ask for a recommendation on a Chess application. Just something I can use to play against the AI that's maybe ad-free or cheap to unlock.

I always keep this installed on my phones:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.chess

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord
I did not know how much I needed volume normalization until I tried GPM trial again. That was pointless 3 month trial :v: Well, not that Google has changed anything else either, still no desktop client, UI features geolocked :lol: and maybe it was just bad luck but immediately stumbled on bunch of albums that were on Spotify but not GPM... ah well

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

FunOne posted:

It's New year's, so that means resolutions. Does anyone recommend a chess app? I'd like to improve my basic game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.chess

Made by some guy who works at google, no shady permissions or IAP crap, diff from random to serious business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh whatever jeez
Mar 19, 2009

Buglord

Flipperwaldt posted:

Antennapod has checkboxes to remove navigation drawer items and can set a default page to start on. You don't have to see any of that poo poo. I just have queue and subscriptions.

Oh, thanks! Never bothered to dig into options but this removes pretty much the only annoying thing about newer versions of Antennapod!