Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

baka kaba posted:

Pushbullet itself doesn't do local transfers, right? Everything has to go through their servers?

I use Airdroid for putting stuff on my devices and as a basic file manager for the occasional time I need that. I use Pushbullet to send links to devices, mostly as a 'look at this later' thing, or to send the occasional small file like a pic I might want for a wallpaper or whatever

They do have Portal, which is a separate app. It only mentions PC to device, does Airdroid to device to device?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Syjefroi posted:

I just opened chrome on my phone and the little tab button is gone. I can't seem to find an option to restore it. So what's the deal, tabs are gone now? I really have to use the "flood your recent apps list with a poo poo load of random websites" option?

If you go to settings, is there a "Merge tabs and apps" setting?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I've been using Podcast Addict since it came up in the thread whenever that was. I like it ok, but I have a question if anyone would be able to answer: I listen to My Brother, My Brother and Me, and I've listened to every episode. Sometimes I like to go back and listen to random old episodes. Pocket Casts will show downloaded episodes at the top of the list, is there a way to get PA to do that? I sometimes randomly scroll through the list and will download whatever, but to play them I have to scroll through the list and try to find them again. It seems like it would be an option, but the actual options are a little overwhelming. There's a "playlist" type thing if I swipe from left to right while listening to a show, but I can't figure out how to actually get episodes on there--some seem to show up, others don't show up and I don't know why.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

What the gently caress is Google even doing. Is hangouts just so unpopular that they can't possibly save it?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

What is a "chrome notification"? Do I need the Beta app to get it? I don't have any problems with the app per se but it is gigantic so if I didn't have to have it that would be cool.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I feel like I've mentioned OneNote before but it may not have been this thread. I haven't really found a use for it on Android, but the app is good still. I never found a need for Evernote either.

I use the desktop app all the time and it's goddamn excellent. Like really, really good.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

Well I'm hoping this doesn't revert my legacy pricing!

This is what my Google wallet says right now:

Who knows what happens between now and then, but it looks like it's fine for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I did not have location sharing, but force stopped Maps, rebooted phone and now I have it. Probably a coincidence.