Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Any recommendations for an app to crop and resize pictures?

Also, I realized it'd be neat to get a sound alert when the phone is charging and at maybe 90% and then 100%. Does anything like that exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Honestly, I'm after something with less features than Google Photos. I can't remember last time I needed anything more than cropping and perhaps scaling down a screenshot or photo for posting on Discord.
My ideal flow would be something like opening the app immediately gives me the 6 latest pictures on the device, pressing one immediately opens it for cropping, and pressing the Save button on that gives a list of a few options for saving at original resolution or a few predefined smaller sizes.
Maybe I should just use this as an opportunity to learn to make Android apps.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

For when all else fails, KeePass for Android has a keyboard you can switch to which will type a login for you. Don't other password managers have that?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

They already own SwiftKey, so don't expect them to bring Swype back.

More likely is that they did it to get a bunch of patents before someone else could snatch them and try to patent-troll MS.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Keep in mind that Google has tried to get app developers to depend on various Google Play services (intentionally or accidentally), so they wouldn't run on a system that doesn't have all the rest of the Google app ecosystem installed too.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

For me that looks like you should disable the notifications from Assistant.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Some of the permissions can be set with a global default of allow or deny, and the per-site permissions can then override that either way. But I think the GUI only let's you set it to the opposite of the current global default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I bought a random rear end nail clipper for cheap in Japan and it's miles better than anything else I've ever had.