Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

BoyBlunder posted:

Does no one use Wunderlist for groceries/list syncing? It's great, and even has a Chrome app!

Me and my girlfriend do. Sync works flawlessly across iOS and Android devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

LastInLine posted:

:stare:

I don't know that there's a method beyond uninstalling things that might be causing a problem but let's be real, it can't be too hard to track that one down.

The obvious first step is rebooting.

Also the comic sans system font, classic Samsung.

I was gonna say, first step is changing the system font.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

LastInLine posted:

Am I the only person on the planet who has never seen an ad on YouTube ever?

I have never seen YouTube ads either until a year or so ago when I got my first Chromecast. Jesus those ads are annoying. And there is no YouTube red in Germany yet.
I have tested the play music all access trial twice now but although it's pretty cool I can't bring myself to pay 10€ a month. Getting rid of YouTube ads would push me over for sure though.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
I recently got an email saying my Motorola promo is running out in March or something but also telling me that I'm not over the limit of my free storage capacity yet. I also think the security promo stays.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Yeah Firefox is great for add on support but Chrome is still faster. I wish Google would implement add on support for mobile chrome but I guess we will never see that as it would cost them too much of that sweet ad money.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

dont be mean to me posted:

Eh.

I think things should work as advertised, and I'm a hopeless optimist when I'm not shitposting.

I'm hoping that google will get it right with their pixel phones. Like apple kind of backup right.
But who am I kidding it's Google we're talking about.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

xtal posted:

Pocket Casts has a terrible UI but in my experience it's the least-worse

I like it :shrug:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Firefox because of uBlock origin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Herman Merman posted:

What's the best way of getting decent browser ad blocking for a Nexus 5? Is there a Chrome adblocker extension or should I switch browsers?

You could try Firefox with uBlock origin. That's what I'm using anyway. Scrolling is a bit more choppy than Chrome though.