Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Uthor posted:

Snap, I didn't think about stacking multiple discounts. I'm good for the next 13.5 months, now. woot!

Well I'm hoping this doesn't revert my legacy pricing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Require More Fire posted:

Yeah, this has been my primary complain about Maps since the beginning of time. Once it decides that this is the Holy Route That Thou Shalt Take, it will do everything in it's power to put you on that route no matter how many times you re-route or ignore it.

There are two paths to get to a nearby town that I have to go to a lot, and I prefer the 2nd, slower route because there's less merging and traffic. Despite me taking this route for years, and always ignoring Google or re-routing it, to this day it will loving try as hard as it can to get me onto the first route until there's no choice left but to go with my selection.

Why do you need Google maps for a route you take often, though? I think Google maps is there as a way to route people from point a to point b as fast as possible, especially when they are in unfamiliar territory.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Helicon One posted:

I thought there might be legal tripwires with trying to implement something like what I was hoping for.

Ripping everything to my PC once and then being able to throw it into cloud storage might be an acceptable compromise. I'm guessing (hoping) that doesn't limit me only to files that are also available on that service, and I can use it for basically any audio file I upload?

Google Play Music is what you want. You can rip all your own music and stream it from the cloud for free, or you can pay $10 a month and listen to virtually every song ever.

The other thing is that some CDs bought from Amazon will give you the digital album for free, through the Amazon music service. Though I don't know of anyone who uses Amazon music.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
This isn't exactly an andoid app per se, but it is related.

Does anyone else use the Pocketcasts web app? This is a really minor issue, but I usually browse my subscriptions by looking at the number of "available episodes" for each show. How come the web app doesn't show this number? Is there a way to get it?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

LastInLine posted:

I use the web app very frequently and no, there's no way to view that. I assume you're talking about the corner badge that appears on the Android app that shows the number of unlistened episodes, not the number available.

Another thing I miss is the ability to set a queue on my device and see that in the web app.

The developer used to be fairly responsive and I'm not sure how they are now. I will say I've been a bit disappointed in the few changes to the featureset of the web app but it does work and work well so I don't feel shortchanged. Still, I can't say I don't wish it were better.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The number unlistened to.

Looking at reviews for the Windows version, it looks like Shifty Jelly hasn't been on the ball in the last 6-months-ish. Kind of a shame. I wonder what happened to them? Maybe they're just focusing all attention on the iOS version.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

RJWaters2 posted:

What app should I use to sync some calendar events between 3 people's phones?

Have you tried Allo? Heard it's really good

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Tunga posted:

At least where I am (UK) the general public have no idea what Buzz is and certainly don't give a poo poo about anything that Google may have done with it ten years ago or whatever. Was this really a big thing outside of tech circles in the US?

I'm a fat nerd and I have also never heard of Buzz.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Stan Taylor posted:

Off topic but I can't imagine this can even come close to the genius of Wizard People, Dear Reader.

Also that sounds like a weird way to play audio over a movie. You're supposed to hook the phone audio to the home theater system?

Or you just have it next to you on the couch, like your sarcastic friends would be! Sounds great and I would actually try rifftrax this way

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

tjones posted:

I had to double check the image to make sure I didn't mis-see it. I could see where someone might be offended if it was in the direction of the hooked cross, but it isn't. It is ironic and comical that people would get upset over it.

Seriously tho, :goonsay:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
My WiFi has used 24% of my battery since last charge. Is that... Normal? I don't think I've ever seen that before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
What's the best way to read a bunch of newspaper subscriptions in one place? Is there an app that does that?