Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Maybe it's just 7.1 that has it, but in the notifications settings you can turn on silent notifications for specific apps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tapet is pretty drat great, I might even fork up the $5 for premium if the bonus patterns look good.

Not sure if it was recommended here but, thank you to whoever put me into this app.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Just use Tapet

I love this.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

My review: It would have been neat for a half hour on the original iPhone but it's pretty awful and there is no reason to play beyond a single life

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Having a weird issue with YouTube, if I press full screen it's just an image of the thumbnail

Anybody else seeing this?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This has been happening off and on for me too. Usually going out and back into fullscreen works. Seems like google broke something in a recent update.

Google hosed with the YouTube app for no reason? And it's much worse with no added benefit??

No way man get outta here

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

If you roll maps back to the original version on your phone does it still happen?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

It's probably because he wants to use it to save things that aren't supposed to be saved, which is a bit of a grey area

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Are there any good picture password lock apps? I saw a long time ago that there was a great one on some blackberry phone but gently caress me if you think I'm going to buy a blackberry for that.

I've tried a few and they all seem to fail at the crucial task of actually acting like a lock. Is this just impossible if not done by whoever is making the phone?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Have you considered a length of string?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

When using Android Pay, do I need to open anything before using it or is my phone just always ready to be tapped on stuff?

I'm not crazy about it, but I'd like to give it a try

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

THF13 posted:

It needs to have authenticated via PIN or fingerprint within a certain amount of time which may not correspond directly to what you have your phone's security too. I had the best results by turning the screen off and unlocking my phone via fingerprint reader right before I made the purchase.

Not sure what it does if you have no screen lock or use a pattern.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll just have to try it out and see what works and what doesn't

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The uTorrent app just made me watch a video to exit...

Are there any recommended torrent apps? I don't torrent to my phone often but it's always nice to be able to share files legally

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Budgie posted:

Flud

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.delphicoder.flud

There are ads but I've never seen a video ad, and never been forced to experience an ad to use it.

Sweet! Thanks!

Based on the reviews I'm not the only one put off by the amount of ads in uTorrent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Started using Accubattery a few weeks ago when it was mentioned in this thread or the other. It's estimating my actual capacity at 107% of the listed spec for a Pixel 1XL. (About nine months old, purchased new, never babied the battery before, was constantly topping it off).

I don't know what manufacturing tolerances would be on that kind of thing, is it possible I got a freak oversized battery or more likely that Accubattery is just wrong? The measurement hasn't moved significantly for a while.

I just downloaded and tried this out, my nearly 2 year old PXL is still around 90% battery health according to the app. I definitely don't 80% charge it to lengthen battery life either, pretty much 10-30% to 100% every night

Its a good phone