Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Are there any good free camera apps? My Nexus 6P and my girlfriend's 5x seem bad at close ups, and unless I'm missing something, the default camera app doesn't have focus modes. Might be a hardware limitation, but I sort of doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I installed Lux Lite for the warm overlay. Even though I set it to manual, it turns on whenever the gently caress it feels like, when I wake the screen or open an app. How do I fix this? Alternatively, is there another app that does the same thing but only turns on when I tell it to? This is so annoying.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Whizbang posted:

No it's not, it just puts a red overlay on the screen.

That's what I want though! Just something to reduce eye strain that I can turn on and off at one touch, not something I have to program in a schedule. I broke my hand and am recovering from surgery, so I'm on my phone a lot more than normal since it's all I can really do.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend keeps losing her phone. At least twice a day she asks, "Have you seen my phone?" and often it's a mad scramble to find it before we're late to get somewhere. There are dozens of apps that claim to help by whistling, clapping, etc. to find your phone in a room by making it play sounds at full volume even if it's on silent (which is why me simply calling her phone from my phone doesn't work), but they all have terrible reviews. Does a good one exist?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Internet Explorer posted:

You can use Find My Device from Google. It has an app, a web portal, and if you have any sort of Google Home you can ask it to find your phone.

The fact that your girlfriend is losing something as important as a phone 2x a day is probably more concerning, but that is for another thread.

I just tried Google's app on my phone and it's great, but I don't see a way to ping her phone from my phone.

As for why, she has a six year old, so getting ready to go out means juggling a million things and she'll forget what room she put her phone in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

peepsalot posted:

If you want to find her phone from your phone can't you just ... call her phone?

It's on silent 99% of the time like most people's. Is there a way so my calls always come on at a higher volume ring? Maybe Tasker?