Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hi. I read the OP but didn't really find a solution to my problem.

I just got an Android phone (Jelly Star because a small smartphone is all I ever wanted) after having been an Apple user and having been made to give up my old SE.

I still have a macbook and that's where all my music is. On iTunes. And now I'm not sure if I can access it on my new phone.

It's not a deal breaker or anything exactly but it is an issue. At first glance there doesn't seem to be an immediate solution but I can't imagine I'm the only person to have encountered this. Any ideas what app could work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

VelociBacon posted:

Apple music is on the android store, is that not what you need?

It is and while this may be me being incredibly bad at tech, it doesn't let me access my library. Not without paying, which I frankly don't agree with. I sort of just wanted a way to transfer music from my computer to the phone and that's not really what's happening here, it was never an issue prior.

I'll keep at it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Itunes songs have been drm-free since 2007 afaict.
You should be able to just grab the song files from itunes on your macbook (probably in .aac format), connect your phone as a storage device, then copy them over like any other file, just like you would copy them onto a USB drive.
Then you'll be able to play them in any music player you like as long as it supports the aac format.

That sounds like it. Thanks! I've found the songs. Now I just need to find the phone when it's plugged into the computer. Shouldn't take too long. Google Music Player will be fine by me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So Google Music Player isn't a thing anymore. I can only use Youtube Music and it takes ages to load the next song, like a good 30 seconds sometimes, rarely does it play a song within 5 seconds, and never immediately. I don't know if it's my phone (Jelly Star), which has been running everything like a dream otherwise. I only added 465 songs to be used as a biking/driving playlist. It's not a small amount but it's also not enormous.

All I need is an app that plays the songs I downloaded onto my phone in shuffle on a bluetooth speaker. I looked into Poweramp but as of Aug 23, it doesn't seem to automatically play songs while using bluetooth according to a review. I'll pay if I have to but I'm very reluctant to do so for what seems like a very simple expectation. I'd be pretty annoyed if I got a player that sticks ads into my own songs. Were it streaming fine but that's not the case.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

sirbeefalot posted:

Try VLC? Not sure if by "automatically play songs while using bluetooth" you mean just proceed on to the next track when one ends, or if you're looking for totally hands-off starting of music when you connect to the speaker. Looking in the settings, there's one to detect headset insertion/removal, and another to resume on headset insertion but I'm not sure if that extends to BT audio devices.

I mean the former. The review I read said this

quote:

there are Bluetooth problems: when I start to listen to a set of files, the player stops after the first track and I have to move manually to the next track.

I don't mind hitting play at the top of the playlist. That's not a problem. I just want it seamlessly move onto the next track w/out a 30 sec gap. I'll try out VLC. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

Power amp has a trial iirc, just try it and see

No need! VLC is perfect. Went to the track list and hit shuffle. Plays the next track perfectly with no lag. I'll try it with the speaker tomorrow but there's no reason for it not to work. Tried YouTube music with headphones and it continues to struggle loading tracks.