Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

nexus6 posted:

Is the pocketcasts interface still garbage? When they changed everything I uninstalled it, got an old APK and turned off auto updates.

I was in the same boat when the change happened initially, I held on to the old version for over a year.

I tried the updated version when I changed phones last month and I'm happy with it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
This is completely hosed. I have been using Nova since I got my Galaxy S3 in 2012 :(

Any recommendations for a basic launcher that will allow me to squeeze more apps on my screen, remove icon text and remove the dock?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I've just installed two banking apps on my Tab s9 from two major banks and both always open in portrait mode.

Very annoying when I have the keyboard attached.

Is this just lovely app design or is there some potential reason for this? Anyway to force landscape in apps?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

bull3964 posted:

lovely app design.

Search for Labs in settings, it allows you to force aspect ratios.

Thanks for this...not the most elegant solution but it definitely helps.

Somewhat surprised by the amount of popular apps which don't have landscape support for tablets.