Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toothdevil
May 14, 2023
Are there any good apps that allow me to control my phone through windows using a PC? (I tried microsoft's phone link thing and it wouldn't allow me to use computer audio for voice calls) I have no idea what to trust on the Play store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toothdevil
May 14, 2023

Medullah posted:

If it's just calls you want to take on your PC instead of your phone you could always set up forwarding to a Google Voice number too

Ah I forgot about that, good idea.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can do it even without an app installed on the phone, here's an open source project that does it via ADB installed on your computer. Just needs you to enable USB debugging.
https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy/tree/master.
It mirrors the entire android screen to a window on your PC and you can interact with it just like you would on the phone itself by clicking in the window to send taps.

Audio works for playing music at least but I didn't test making any phonecalls.

Downside is it's a CLI tool but you can just make a .bat file to launch it instead of going through the console every time.
It even works wirelessly, but you have to either start with the device plugged in via usb or know the android's IP address on your local wifi to be able to connect. (Which probably means setting it up as a static IP in your router so it doesn't get a different address each time you come home and re-connect to the network)

Oh perfect this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!