Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

We just use Google Keep for groceries. They finally have an iOS app too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

Tots posted:

Not really digging the interface. Any other suggestions in terms of a solid and simple local and network file explorer? ES explorer this time a year ago was perfect. If they offered a paid version without the bullshit I'd be all about it.

I've been using Root Explorer since Froyo or so, and have never had any complaints about it. It's paid, but they offer a free version, Explorer, that doesn't do the root part.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

So will Messenger handle GV text messages when my GV number is not my phone's actual number? I imagine it'd receive them, but will it let me send from my GV number too?

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Just get loving youtube red you cheapass people.

It's great.

Incidentally, it's 3 months for $0.99 right now, and you can pay with Rewards balance :getin:

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

Ra-amun posted:

Do you have a card or PayPal associated with YouTube red? The Google reward balance option is grayed out for me and I can't select it.

Probably the one on my play store account, but I don't know if that's tied in or not.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

Samsung Internet looks great and it's fast, I love using it.

I feel like this is a post from a bizarre parallel universe.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

I use my note 8 mostly 1 handed when browsing the internet and all of the controls are on the bottom so they are easy to reach. Also, having ad-block is great in their browser without having to do some dumb workaround. I don't like firefox and chrome doesn't have ad-blocking extensions.

edit: to add to this I'm far from alone, https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/796293-chrome-vs-samsung-internet.html

You can also sync your chrome bookmarks from your desktop to it.

Though I remain skeptical of Samsung's ability to write A Good Piece of Software, my post was about thinking of a parallel universe where there's a Samsung Internet.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

LastInLine posted:

I can vouch for this, it's just a non-root version of Root Explorer which was the definitive file explorer as far back as Froyo. Did they ever fix that ugly icon though? That's why I stopped using it.

Seconded. I have used Root Explorer and Explorer since Froyo and have never seen a reason to consider alternatives.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

LastInLine posted:

That was exactly the reaction I had when I saw the article. I almost posted a link about it here and then I thought "Who has Sprint in 2018?"

My Mom does, and uses the GV integration. I gave her my SERO plan years ago because it was the best for the price. I don't think that's necessarily true anymore, but now I have to figure out the best option for her. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

I had a bunch more Google funbux, but I've been paying for Youtube Red out of that balance for quite a while now. I also seem to still get credit for the receipt-pic surveys without providing the pic, unless I'm getting like half credit or something.