Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
What are people using for recipe storage? I'd like to put a tablet in my kitchen and get rid of the shelf of cookbooks. Basically, I'm looking for something where I can (ideally) copy and paste into a virtual recipe card and save. If nothing else, I need an app that will allow me to save my recipes, and isn't a collection of Food Network recipes (or whatever.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

beerinator posted:

I haven't tried too many other options, but I use Asparagus.

You can add recipes manually, or if you find recipes online and they're in the proper format, you can share that page from your browser to Asparagus and it'll (hopefully) grab all the right things and create the recipe for you. When it works, it's pretty nice. But some of the smaller sites don't use the standard recipe format and you have to copy and paste.

I'll give it a shot - thanks. I also came across Pepperplate. It works across PC, iOS, and Android, so I can edit on the PC and view on tablet. Strangely, the PC version seems to be a little more limited than the Android app (sorting by category is missing on PC, for instance).

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Twain of Pain posted:

I just started using Paprika which seems to work pretty well. Not sure if it's worth $5 but it hasn't been a bad use of Google funbux. It's also recommended by The Wirecutter who generally seem to know their stuff.

I tossed Paprika out due to the fact that they charge $20 for a PC interface/version. Screw that.

I'm liking Pepperplate, but I'm also trying out One tsp. which isn't really an app, but also does what I want. Both have a nifty bookmarklet that will copy and paste the recipe into your box (assuming the recipe fits the expected code format.) The benefit of One tsp. is that it is completely cross-platform (a webpage) and you can export and backup your recipes to plain text files. I might be leaning toward One tsp just due to the fact that if I get a new device and development stops, I can still be assured of accessing the page.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

hooah posted:

They really did screw the pooch on that beta update. Then they got bought and haven't been heard from since.

What's wrong with BeyondPod? I the interface in the latest version is a little clunky, but it still seems decent to me. I don't do any customization though...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

hooah posted:

I don't remember off the top of my head, but several standard features straight up didn't work. I think one of those was automatic downloading of new episodes. There was an Android Police article a month or so back a out their buyout: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01/29/beyondpods-beta-release-completely-broken-months-new-owners-dont-seem-care/

Huh. I guess I'm not using the beta version? I'm on 4.2.16.