Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Edit. I am dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Do you use ES File Explorer? It asked me about fast charging the other day. You can disable it in that app's settings if that's what triggered it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Weather TimelineForecast.io doesn't seem to know what a thunderstorm is. I get the National Weather Service warnings, but it'll say "Light rain" on my app when we have hail and tornadoes everywhere.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 12, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

LastInLine posted:

This is a problem you're having with Forecast.io, not the app.

Correct. Switching the weather source allows the app to display more weather phenomena, like Tstorms.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 12, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

hooah posted:

You know you can switch from forecast.io, right?

No I didn't.

Switching to other than the recommended data provider (forecast.io) does let the app display Thunderstorms in the body of the app. Thanks.

I've edited a couple recent posts to make sure I don't leave bunk information in the thread.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Endless Mike posted:

Buy a phone with a sufficient amount of space instead of relying on removable storage for non-media data.

Did removable media kill your parents?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Neat. I'll be trying this out this week. Anything to further replace the lovely MyFord Touch system I have.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

xtal posted:

Curious what you guys think about Keybee. It's a non-QWERTY keyboard designed for one-handed typing and swiping (it has n-grams like ing on adjacent keys.) Been using it for a couple weeks and I'm not up to my QWERTY speed yet but I think that it will ultimately surpass that. It's about time we have keyboards designed for mobile imho

I think you are a very patient person. I might give it a legit try someday but I just installed it for a quick try and went "hahahaha, nope."

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The app says it will.

Oh disregard, maybe it just backs up. Sorry.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Been trying to use Google photos. It seems to store stuff ok. But it hangs on 8 images waiting to upload. It never finishes. Also, it has an option to delete uploaded photos to free up space. It deleted "150" photos, but all of my photos are still on my local storage. What did this app actually do? What does it really do, and how can I hold it accountable? Is it really backing up my pictures or is it just flailing around?

I think my photos are on the cloud? Some of them? Maybe?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Endless Mike posted:

Sorry about your crippling arthritis, I guess?

I feel like you're not actually being sympathetic here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Uthor posted:

Google probably doesn't care about Goggles because they built the functionality into Now On Tap.

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-now-tap-offers-app-translation-qr-code-scanning-and-more

My phone doesn't find poo poo when I point the camera at a QR code and launch Now.

I'm in the US, does that make a difference?