Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is it possible to share my phone as a network drive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Montalvo posted:

Google Music has far better radios than Spotify, if that's a thing you care about.

I haven't experienced Spotify, but the Play Music stations repeat a lot.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is Android that hard to develop for? Is it the variety of phones or something on the fundamental level of Android? It seems like all the cool apps come to iPhone first. I don't want to believe its just brogrammer bias perpetuated by silicon valley.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is anyone else getting trending searches when they click on the search bar? Its obnoxious.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/websearch/FfSE0mP1qyo/FLTkmYRwBAAJ

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I guess they're giving away free 4 months to Play Music. Just signed up from a link in the Play Store. I've had Play Music previously, so it appears there's no restrictions.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

vyst posted:

drat i can't find it. Must be because i have an active sub

That may be a restriction. I still see it though. It gives me "invalid coupon code" if I click again.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 26, 2016

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

As a former sub it tells me offer is only valid to new users.

Weird, I had it for about a year and a half and had cancelled this past June. I'm on Project Fi as of recently, but I didn't see anything mentioned as it being a perk.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Google Play Music has been paying for itself from my Rewards balance. Interesting, never used to do this.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The thing I hate the most about the keyboard is that the emoji button (can I still call them "smilies"?) is right next to the comma, and I'm five taps ahead into typing my word when I realize its :) :( :a2m:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Just change the option for it?

I did not know I could do that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Just change the option for it?

They're screwing with me now. Bottom right is emoji and I can't figure out how to change this one.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 12, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Steely Glint posted:

That key should be changing based the text field you're typing in. I don't think you have any direct control over it. developer docs

So basically I'm being forced to have an emoji key in Messages and Hangouts. It's either going to be where the comma is, or where the enter key is.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Steely Glint posted:

?

e: oh, wait, I played around with it a little more and it's not working correctly. check back next year or use a different keyboard if your zero-emoticon quest is of critical importance to you i guess

I'll just attach styluses to my thumbs so that I can type more accurately.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does Google Play Music download the entire podcast every time you resume playing if you haven't manually downloaded the podcast locally? It seems to use a humongous amount of data. Or does streaming the podcast somehow use more data than downloading?

Should I switch to Google Podcasts or something else?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The newer Google Photos sharing is awful. Putting them in a chat format is dumb and I can no longer easily save all to my account.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

redeyes posted:

I dont understand this. All you have to do is make sure the backup function is turned on and all your photos are in your account.. maybe im missing something.

Someone shares photos with me. I want to save them to my account. I used to be able to press one button to save many photos shared at once. In the new version, this is a complicated process.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone having issues with the Chat app not pushing messages through until you actually open the app?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

5TonsOfFlax posted:

Yes. Also, it turned mobile notifications off in settings by itself. But I'm still mostly not getting notifications even after turning it back on. I do get some, which is even more frustrating than none at all, since obviously it SHOULD be working with my current settings.

Google is such a piece of poo poo with messaging, I don't even know why I use it anymore, I only talk to like 3 people on it, everyone else has moved onto something else.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

deong posted:

Did you move to Youtube chat? Or maps chat?

Photos chat actually

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Google Podcasts does work great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Google Photos - Trying to share a photo from last year with my wife, "photo already in this conversation". Yeah no poo poo, that's not the point, rear end in a top hat.