Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spoof
Jul 8, 2004
Is there a decent SIP client? I use CSipSimple and paid for the G.729 codec. On Nougat, interacting with the app while on a call, like try to put on speakerphone, or muting, can cause the UI to hang though the call is still active. It also fails to register sometimes when switching from cell <->wifi networks. Problem is, the project seems to be defunct. App hasn't updated since 2014, project page archived.

Last time I used the SIP client integrated into the stock dialer, it would silently fail to register and I'd miss calls.

I don't mind paying for something, but it needs to be solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spoof
Jul 8, 2004

hooah posted:

What's an image viewer that can handle images with dimensions of 2-3k pixels on a side? Neither Photos nor SE Image Viewer (the one built in to Solid Explorer) don't zoom in to 100% and even at their highest zoom, the images are fairly blurry, where they aren't on my computer.

Kind of heavyweight, but how about Photoshop Express?

edit: it doesn't really zoom in all that well, which is weird given it's supposed to be a high quality photo editor.

spoof fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 15, 2017

spoof
Jul 8, 2004

incogneato posted:

I'm looking at traveling overseas (vacation, not long term) and am considering grabbing a SIM card locally for data.

How does swapping a SIM like this affect apps like WhatsApp that rely on verification via mobile number? I don't really care if I can make calls or regular texts, as long as I can get data for things like whatsapp, email, etc.

I did some searching online, and it seems like it'll probably keep working, but the variety of responses is a bit worrisome. Has anyone ever done this sort of thing and know first hand if it works fine?

You'll be fine. It only needs to verify via SMS when it's setting up the account. After that's done, all you need is internet access.