Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
That's a rude thing to say about someone's mom :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Closest thing I could find is GO SMS Pro, which has a private inbox feature, it looks like you can hide the private box from the menu, so you have to dig around to access it, which would make it more difficult to click the wrong person in the list. But it also makes it more irritating when you do need to text that person. So it's a tradeoff and not quite what was asked for.

Also just to be clear, I've never used this app, let alone the feature. Just poked around for something similar.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yup, lots of games do that. It's good advice in general, and for productivity apps you're better off finding a replacement if you can, but if you're into the game not much you can do other than remember to force close it when you're done.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

That may be a restriction. I still see it though. It gives me "invalid coupon code" if I click again.

Yeah the banner image just says 2016's Hip-Hop and R&B hits (Drake + more top songs) if you're already subscribed.
In theory this is the link for people who are not: http://play.google.com/music/listen?signup=1&coupontype=vanity&coupon=YEAREND120

Also you should timg Fog.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Play Books. Use Calibre to convert the mobi to epub.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Website works, or just try and open the epub/pdf file in your file manager and it'll ask what to open it with. Open it with Play Books and it'll upload it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

In what sense? I just scrolled chrome and Firefox back to back (but not side to side) and didn't notice anything particularly different, let alone jarring. Though I imagine that it's one of those things that once it bugs you, you just can't stop seeing it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So people were asking about why it's Android Messenger now: https://www.wired.com/2017/02/google-support-for-rcs/

That article goes into it some but the short is they want it to be seen as a ubiquitous Android thing, not a Google thing. So that we finally get our iMessage competitor. Sounds reasonable. Doubt it'll happen, be happy if it does.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It lets you one handed use the phone easier. Since your finger is usually resting on/near the sensor on Nexus/Pixel you can just slightly swipe down and there's your notifications. It's not a big deal for most people I imagine, but it is convenient.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Google+ Location tab can do that and does seem to be supported on iOS too. Let's you pick between pinpoint and city for any given group.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Works fine here, maybe try reinstalling it or disabling any extensions you may have going (though I'm still using uBlock).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Assistant has the same feature though, you just have to swipe up to get the Share Screenshot option.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 10, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah it has a pretty full featured remote for iTunes it looks like:
https://www.unifiedremote.com/remotes/itunes

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's the new official launcher. Now Launcher was supposed(ly) to be discontinued back in February, but they're probably just letting it hang around until Pixel Launcher is available on more devices. Officially it can't be installed on many yet.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I saw reports of it opening up to one or two other devices back in February, but nothing I own. Maybe it was just rumors/bullshit.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Pocket Casts also has a serviceable website that syncs with your devices too. No queuing yet, though that's supposed to come in the 2.0 version someday. Variable speed is in there though which is fantastic. 1.5x speed and silence trimming have saved me a ton of time without impacting the quality of the podcasts. It does also require a small one time fee.

But it's really nice if you want to listen on phone and computer and keep everything nicely synced like I do.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 28, 2017

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

To see the Up Next page you swipe left on the Now Playing page. Right gives you Show Notes. There doesn't seem to be a way to access filter settings for it, as it appears to be it's own thing.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Haven't had any issues myself. But what's the new hotness in alarm apps LastInLine?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Does it also have a web app? Lack of that would be a deal breaker for me.

Regardless, what cool things does it do that Pocket Casts does not?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah it's okay about reporting bills, but not acknowledging payment emails.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

FunOne posted:

I'm still pissed that stock Android can't figure out how to just play music without skipping

What app/device are you having skipping issues with and how often has this happened to you? I can't think of this happening to me using Play Music with anything resembling regularity. Maybe once in a whole session if I've got a super lovely connection or something.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Tunga posted:

The frog is the best but for some reason seems to be Pixel only. My girlfriend on a 6P has no frog and is much the sadder for it.

Definitely not Pixel only. Shows up on my S7 Edge, used to show up on my Nexus 6. Is she not using the Now launcher maybe?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Do you have it in your Unmonitored Apps in Battery aka excluded from Doze?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Unified Remote

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Living or being in a city helps a ton. When I was in the suburbs I basically only got them when I went downtown but living in a city now I get them basically anytime I go anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Ehh, I live in a ruralish area and I'm up to $170.

Of course that's starting 11/2013, so it's not like I'm going to retire on my rewards bux.

12/2014, $84.46
Made 16~ in the last 6 months vs 11~ in the prior 6 month periods in my old place. So that's a sizable jump, but obviously isn't enough to be confident. It certainly feels like I get way more surveys, even if they're almost always low value "When did you visit X? What did you pay with?" ones.