Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

So this is weird. My GF has an iPhone and I have Android, and for the last couple of days Google Maps will only give us directions for the bus, not the underground, even if you specify underground in options. Is this a Hong Kong only thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Axel Rhodes Scholar posted:

This is a backend issue (hitting maps.google.com too), filed a bug and it should hopefully get fixed soon (next day or two, probably).

Awesome, thanks!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Is the Facebook app still hot garbage?

Is Poweramp still the best music player for LOCAL files?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

1) Probably. I just use Metal.

2) It's the best I've found.

Cool, trying out Metal with a dark theme. Seems pretty good so far!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I can't believe there's no way to set a gif as a wallpaper. All the apps are lovely and out of date. You think that would be super easy.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

How do Live Wallpapers not use much battery and CPU? Is it because they're videos instead?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

96 spacejam posted:

Is there a generally good cleaning/housekeeping app? I've tried a handful but I'm not sure which is better or if they're really doing anything at all (e.g. 360, Power Cleaner, etc)

SD Maid works for me and is well regarded, regularly updated.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I've had circle icons for ages. Thanks, Cyrcle!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

morcant posted:

I'm a fairly recent convert to Android (Google Pixel sepcifically), but my main computer is still a Mac, and I use iTunes for listening to music and playlist management. Does anyone have any protips for getting iTunes playlists - specifically smart playlists - onto their Android? So far my search has come up with a great lot of nothing.

MediaMonkey syncs iTunes stuff to Android. And is pretty awesome besides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'll be hiking the Appalachian Trail soon. I'll have my phone on airplane mode NATURALLY but it would be nice if Google Maps could track me for my time line. If I leave GPS on with airplane mode, do you know if it will?