Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

maltesh posted:

IFTTT has a promotion with the New York Times, running through November, where if you activate a Recipe using the New York Times channel, you get a free 8-week digital subscription to the newspaper.No payment information required.

The New York Times has a promotion with Knox Labs where its "most loyal digital subscribers" receive a promotional code through email for a free Google Cardboard Headset. No payment is required for shipment in the US.

Criteria that apparently qualified me as a "most loyal digital subscriber:"

1. Signed up for the IFTTT promotion two weeks ago.
2. Never logged in to the NYT website during those two weeks.
3. Had valid email address where they sent the promotional email.

I got the Knox Labs Order confirmation yesterday. Guess I'll see if it will actually ship.

So there's nothing I can do to trigger the email the Knox promotion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Bhodi posted:

If you're looking to take panoramas, you should absolutely download cardboard camera, even if you don't have a google cardboard. You can view and sync them in google photos and instead of the camera app's photosphere / panorama format where you move pause move, it's more like the iphone's panorama function where you slowly pan in a 360 in portrait mode.

Better functionality, better result, and if you ever get a cardboard you can check it out in 3d as well. It records sound, which could be neat.

Where is the best place to buy one of those pre-made cardboard setups?