Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Medullah posted:

Any recommendation for a food tracking app that's fairly simplistic? I used to use MyFitnessPal but it's gotten so bloated

Lose It! is what my sister went to after MyFitnessPal imploded, and I prefer Cronometer. We each have different goals and needs so give each a shot. I need specific nutrients tracked; she just wants macros. Both talk to our watches (Apple for her, Garmin for me), which makes things much easier. I found it easy to add recipes/custom foods to each app. Both have a decent database of food as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
What was the music app people liked that wasn't PowerAmp? The last update broke shuffle - it'll play two songs and then leave the playlist or album and shuffle all songs - and I can't get any sense if it is being fixed. Might as well look what's out there now.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Wasn't quite it, but I did find Musicolet while investigating. It is pretty stripped down and doesn't even ask for network permissions. It's just a music player with some quality of life options.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Is there a way to have Bedtime mode turn itself off in the morning without an alarm? I don't want a wakeup alarm on weekends, but I do want bedtime mode to end. The only thing I've found is to set the alarm to a silent tone on weekends, which then makes the clock app have a fit about missing an alarm & send a notification.

(I have trouble sleeping and I keep my phone display off at night until 6am, so I can tell at a glance if it's a reasonable time to get up or if I've woken up at 3am again.)

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

You can just choose 'use a schedule' in the bedtime mode screen

:doh: The multiple routes to setting up everything up meant I missed that it was possible. Looks like exactly what I needed - I just had to find the right screen. Thanks.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Ever since upgrading my Pixel 7 to Android 14, I get a little ringtone-like sound whenever I start or end a call. My phone is set to silent, media volume is at zero, and dial pad tones are off.

How do I get rid of these?

effika
Jun 19, 2005
What's a good camera app for my Pixel 7? The native camera app's recent update has made it so my phone takes a really long time to focus (if it can) and hid the brightness sliders (etc) and Night Sight (??) behind a menu.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
AntennaPod has been good for me. Pretty bare-bones but I don't need much for a podcast app.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Antennapod is what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Install multiple weather apps that all use different sources/ensemble preferences; make your own ensemble out of their ensemble forecasts