Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Any go to apps for a Twitter client replacement? I've tried Friendly, owley, and plume. They all kind of suck in their own ways too.

I just started using the website in Firefox Beta, now that it's using their faster rendering engine and it's possible to use uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere. It works well enough.

Might be possible to do the same thing in Chrome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Does it block promoted tweets?

Yeah, uBlock Origin blocks those.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'm not seeing this on the beta Firefox but after it updated last night, Twitter simply won't load (I'm using Firefox because gently caress the Twitter app). Anybody else getting that?

To be fair, stopping you from going on Twitter is probably more a feature than a bug.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

lethial posted:

I finally have an android phone that is fast enough to watch more videos on, but I noticed that the youtube app is just so completely inundated with ads. Most of them telling me to invest in something... Is there a good youtube app replacement w/o rooting the phone? Thanks in advance.

Newpipe on F-Droid (it's not available on the Google store for obvious reasons).

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Newpipe also has nice features beyond adblocking, like the ability to download videos or to play them in the background (nice for music).

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
^^ I'm also not seeing that button on my 6a

effika posted:

Log in through the web via Firefox plus uBlock Origin. It works extremely well and there aren't any gross ads for horrible products, because you've blocked them all!

I do that but lately I've had this issue where all outgoing fail to load (because something seems to block t.co URLs, haven't been able to find what). Do you have the same thing happening to you?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'm not but actually I got it : it was because of a blocklist on NextDNS.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'm using nextdns with a bunch of blocklists, plus Firefox with ublock origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Bright Bart posted:

1) Is there any real point of an antivirus program on Android when you run all the default safety features in that unrooted OS?

Nah, the built-in security should have you covered and even if it didn't, an antivirus wouldn't be any help.