Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Oh well, thanks to Google's spying it showed up in my Discover feed as a way that still worked but I guess this is what Trump was talking about when he was referring to all that fake news.

Sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Beartaco posted:

I'm looking for an app that lets me toggle between stereo/mono audio easily, preferably in the quick panel. Does anything like that exist?

This app claims to do that. It was the first I found in a quick and nowhere near exhaustive search.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wouldn't it just work to make filters that are Murder, unplayed, oldest to newest and then Comedy, unplayed, oldest to newest, etc. then just start playback via the filter's "playback all"?

When you want to change to a different one select the same option on a different filter and I'd expect it to clear the Up Next queue and replace it with the new one but test that first and if it doesn't simply clear the queue before selecting the next filter.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I use AdGuard's DNS. It does go down very rarely and there's an RSS feed you can sub to so that you know if it does.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Obviously trying another cable is step one, but my experience with AAWireless and its launch problems with Mazdas is that the specific issue of a device working once and only once with a specific head unit is caused by a timing issue on the car side of things. Obviously without an intermediary such as AAWireless there's absolutely nothing you can do about that.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Deeters posted:

I have Appy too, and when you have DarkSky as your weather source, I felt it worked pretty much the same as the old DarkSky app. I also used some rewards bucks to try out their $10/year tier with foreca as my weather source. Seems almost as accurate as DarkSky, but doesn't constantly give me rain alerts on rainy days. I haven't had enough pop up showers to really test the accuracy there yet.

Zil posted:

I more meant like severe alerts. Used to love Wunderground but their changes got me to stop using it. Using the weather channel app now, but hate all the ads and tracking.

For local showers and severe weather alerts, I use Rain Alarm Pro. I can't see the price having already bought it with survey bucks but I remember it being pricey, however it's got a great privacy policy and a responsive developer which is why I picked it over some other similar, popular radar app that was recommended at the time I bought it. Default config has been as reliable as Dark Sky was for incoming local showers and the radar is nice to have.

Not really a weather app though, and I just use Google Weather for that since that site which compares APIs in your local area said that Google's provider was the most accurate for me.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I didn't know Recorder was Pixel only. It's really nice though.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Humerus posted:

Got my Pixel 6 today and I found out Authenticator+ hasn't updated in like 3 years, lol. What's the best alternative with Google Drive support, hopefully that I can import from Authenticator+?

Import probably isn't going to happen but I think most folks went reluctantly to Authy. Some like Microsoft's (LMAO) and I think Google's at least backs up now. Personally the one I tried out before just giving in and putting them in 1Password was TOTP Authenticator which was pretty good. It had some pet feature I used in Authenticator+ that nothing else did (maybe a Wear OS component?).

Honestly I can see the argument against putting them 1PW, but on the other hand if an attacker can get to my vault then 2FA isn't going to be saving me so I went with that route and I've really grown to like the convenience.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

redeyes posted:

I saw this: Microsoft is building a new password manager that syncs credentials across its Edge browser, Google Chrome, and mobile iOS or Android devices. A preview version of the password manager is now built into Microsoft Authenticator, a free mobile app that’s used for multi-factor authentication.

Congratulations, you're back to having built Bitwarden or 1Password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

How does this even happen?

Basically if you have Pikmin Bloom installed on your phone all notifications for all apps stop working.