Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I sure as hell unistalled it as soon as it changed, es file Explorer doesn't do systemless root either, although it may work with system root (the only one I think actually works)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

TwistedNails posted:

I have nieces and a nephew around that age and they all use facebook and snapchat a lot more than Twitter. Instagram was huge for younger kids until snapchat came around, now I always see them using that app.
Yeah if you can get snapchat to work with through root, Instagram is enabled through it (at least the filters), through snapprefs and xposed

XIII posted:

That might explain why I've never seen the much talked about battery drain. I always turn that off, simply because none of my friends care where I'm sending messages from, so why bother

There is some such site (easily robbed houses), that lets you see what people are on vacation and that have location reporting on, so you can easily rob them!

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 28, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

The FB app works fine for me and has for years. Google Play Services uses 5-10 times as much battery as Facebook in Marshmallow.

Also I can't share photos/links to a Firefox mobile bookmark

if I've learned anything from Android...

if Google Play services as using lots of battery, a rogue app (like facebook) is probably using it up.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've never had to bother with one until now, but it looks like I need a good call blocking app. For some reason, it's not native in Android, and it's not part of Motorola's light-skinning.

It seems to closest thing I can do is add the number as a contact, then send them straight to voicemail...but that's not good enough, because they leave voicemails. For the record, it's a collections agency for whoever had this number before me, and no amount of telling them they have the wrong number works.

I use this https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...oPDGAhRXyS5xKFg

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Rooted phones can have background playback and no adverts, granted I stopped using background playback, because it can be a fuzz glitchy nowadays and I messed up not grandfathering in my unlimited data plan by 5 days.