Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I think retail taught me that people don't magically mature as they get older. You get some 13 year old people in the bodies of 45 year olds. How did they make it to that age?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Avocados posted:

I think retail taught me that people don't magically mature as they get older. You get some 13 year old people in the bodies of 45 year olds. How did they make it to that age?

They're 45 and still in retail? but not management, makes sense. If you meant managers, eesh, that sucks.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Nonsense posted:

They're 45 and still in retail? but not management, makes sense. If you meant managers, eesh, that sucks.

Actually that is true too. A lot of lifers back at my old job. But I was referring to customers :v:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

at the supermarket I was working at I saw the chainsmoking girl who got pregnant still smoking for a couple of months. not a lot but I was kinda shocked. Baby turned out fine and reading some of this stuff I feel really fortunate that I didn't see worse things.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I once saw a patient at the psych hospital I worked at grab his testicles and threaten to rip them off if we gave him involuntary meds.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Son of Rodney posted:

at the supermarket I was working at I saw the chainsmoking girl who got pregnant still smoking for a couple of months. not a lot but I was kinda shocked. Baby turned out fine and reading some of this stuff I feel really fortunate that I didn't see worse things.

Everyone smokes in supermarkets. Regular staff its probably like twice the average and managment will all smoke, pregnant or not.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
One time we portscanned a like a /12 instead of the client network

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

revmoo posted:

en ingles por favor

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

symbolic posted:

en ingles por favor

We ran an in depth multilayered security audit against like a million internet pcs instead of our customer's network.

Interesting to see all the Nanoggy ppl flipping out about it in our inbox

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

When I was right out of college I took a part time as a dispatcher for a bus company while looking for a real job. Sometimes I actually got to drive the buses around and pick up old and crazy people, which was fun because driving a bus is fun and I got paid way more than the actual bus drivers.

Anyway, I once had to pick up this dude, so I went to his door and he answered it. When he opened the door it was just a wave of literal poo poo smell. I looked inside and it was a hoarder's paradise. Just full of old disgusting, dirty garbage. He was in a wheelchair and made me push him onto the wheelchair lift and his wheelchair was sticky. Bad, stinky sticky.

I had to drive him a few miles to a grocery store and I almost vomited because the entire bus just smelled like a big ol runny dump.

It was kind of sad, but mostly disgusting. Thankfully I only had that job for three months...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Saw a guy get his hand ripped off in a forklift accident

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
jesus I didn't realize fork-lifts are death machines

they look so boring and innocent

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I thought everybody and their grandmothers knew this but watch this to be educated about the horrible murder-souls of forklifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Lol I don't believe the roast turkey baby story for a second

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I don't have the creativity to come up with a proper, equally funny reaction to that video. I guess forklifts are terrifying.

subhuman filth posted:

There was another one somewhere in California recently right?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Avocados posted:

I think retail taught me that people don't magically mature as they get older. You get some 13 year old people in the bodies of 45 year olds.

almost every single "adult" human on this planet

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

ChrisHansen posted:

I once saw a patient at the psych hospital I worked at grab his testicles and threaten to rip them off if we gave him involuntary meds.

well did you?

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
I was standing outside having a smoke and a couple of metro transit buses were parked along the curb, there was a strange buzzing sound coming from one of them. I asked the driver of the front bus what was up and he said some guy came around the corner down the bus lane, scraped along the rear bus and hit the bus in front, I figured the buzzing was damage to the exhaust. As I stepped back toward the building and turned around, there was suddenly an orange glow coming from underneath the bus, so I went around it into the street to find that the vehicle that had hit it was still there, the driver was unconscious, and the buzzing sound was him holding the accelerator pinned to the floor, the glow was coming from his engine which had recently started on fire. As I approached his vehicle along with another bystander, the rear bus driver also came out and the three of us dragged him out of his car up onto the curb and shut off his vehicle. It was about that time that a Minneapolis cop showed up so I went back inside.

I guess working desk jobs I haven't seen much traumatic poo poo.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

subhuman filth posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_P._Arnold

This is the exact case I mentioned. Like I said, it was about a decade ago.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I have one co worker from Vietnam who is something like 55 years old. I could tell a lot of stories about him, but he likes talking about how many hookers he has sex with to anyone who will listen. Once, I walked into the break room to find him in front of the soda fountain using the cold water to wash his dick.

There was also a bit of a pigeon problem in the warehouse over the summer. Mostly it just manifested as birds flying around every now and again, and occasional bird poo poo splattered of bottles. One day, I was driving one of those power jacks around when I spot a pigeon flying through the rafters when it suddenly flies straight into a spinning ceiling fan, bounces off, and hits the ground as the air is filled with downy feathers slowly falling to the ground. The bird was in a bad way, thrashing around and making GBS threads everywhere until a co worker and I swept it out the nearest bay doors with a broom.

SneakyBeef
Jan 1, 2012
After installing a new fire sprinkler system and before charging it, the installers test the system for leaks with an air compressor. They fill the pipes to 250 psi and see if it holds, if it doesn't they go around with spray bottles of soapy water to check all the fittings. Now what's supposed to happen when they find one is that they relieve the pressure to tighten or reapply the fitting but of course that takes time and people love shortcuts, or, in this guys case, you've been doing this job forever and know exactly what you're doing; or so he thought. So I walk past this guy and I'm maybe five feet away when I hear what sounds like a large piece of pipe being thrown to the ground, forcefully. People drop stuff all the time so I didn't think anything of it for a few seconds until it dawned on me how quiet it was. I would've expected to hear him cussing or climbing down the ladder to retrieve it. I turn around and walk into the room and he's face down and lying still. Again my mind wants to assume the best and figures he'll pull himself up at any second. That's when the blood started to pool around his head. Not the kind I was used to though, this was strangely thick and mucussy. The 911 operator had us roll him over first thing and when we did his jaw was split up to his neck and swung to both sides like they do in that one vampire movie. And then the gasping started. It wasn't him though, just his nerves. They were those rapid shallow gasps and gurgles like you get when you're hunting and don't get a clean kill and the animals brain is trying to keep itself alive.

I still get the smell of brain goo in my nostrils when I'm working around terrazzo.

Oh and, we later found out that that night was supposed to be his daughters rehearsal dinner.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

Saw a dude cut the end of his thumb off on the deli slicer once, that was pretty metal.

I did that at work actually, but I was working alone that day. Healed completely too after it was attached, silvers make really clean cuts. Worst ever at work was a phone call though, a guy was getting foreclosed and he called to tell me the guy we sent to serve him had come by... Apparently he greeted him naked, with a cathador up his dick, the fluid bag in one hand and a shotgun in the other. Server confirmed it and the police arrested him for it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the nasty comments when i came out as a nudist

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Orkin Mang posted:

the nasty comments when i came out as a nudist

So did you just like show up to work naked or something?

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
One of my coworkers got shot earlier this year.

She decided to not come back to work after that.

edit: that was my old job. At my new job I saw a dead lady's vagina.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So did you just like show up to work naked or something?

haha no i had a robe on but i guess they could see how excited i was underneath. they werent suportive and kept accusing me of staining office chairs

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyBeef posted:

After installing a new fire sprinkler system and before charging it, the installers test the system for leaks with an air compressor. They fill the pipes to 250 psi and see if it holds, if it doesn't they go around with spray bottles of soapy water to check all the fittings. Now what's supposed to happen when they find one is that they relieve the pressure to tighten or reapply the fitting but of course that takes time and people love shortcuts, or, in this guys case, you've been doing this job forever and know exactly what you're doing; or so he thought. So I walk past this guy and I'm maybe five feet away when I hear what sounds like a large piece of pipe being thrown to the ground, forcefully. People drop stuff all the time so I didn't think anything of it for a few seconds until it dawned on me how quiet it was. I would've expected to hear him cussing or climbing down the ladder to retrieve it. I turn around and walk into the room and he's face down and lying still. Again my mind wants to assume the best and figures he'll pull himself up at any second. That's when the blood started to pool around his head. Not the kind I was used to though, this was strangely thick and mucussy. The 911 operator had us roll him over first thing and when we did his jaw was split up to his neck and swung to both sides like they do in that one vampire movie. And then the gasping started. It wasn't him though, just his nerves. They were those rapid shallow gasps and gurgles like you get when you're hunting and don't get a clean kill and the animals brain is trying to keep itself alive.

I still get the smell of brain goo in my nostrils when I'm working around terrazzo.

Oh and, we later found out that that night was supposed to be his daughters rehearsal dinner.

So wait - did he fall, or did the pipe burst

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I saw a dude running a lathe get a loop of cut titanium wrapped around his thumb and then caught on the spindle. It literally fileted his thumb like a fish. They ended up amputating it. Also saw another guy pinch his finger off on a little Haas 3 axis.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one of the talents cummed right past the camera and into my mouth.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Forklifts are small but weigh a ton or more so tgeir destructive power is huge.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

revmoo posted:

How do you do this by accident?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
One time at work, I watched that Bruce Willis movie, "Surrogates," on my phone. It was terrible.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

i once saw a guy have an epileptic seizure. another idiot jumped on top of him and started trying to give him cpr. he later died from having a seizure while he was driving on the highway a few weeks later.

In college I worked at Sears in the fitness department. I was J chillen on a treadmill and this nerd mother gently caress starts looking like he's got to sneeze, then just falls into a bunch of poo poo, shaking like a fool. I flew into action. Needless to say I looked fly as hell. Anyhow, I dragged this bitch away from the snow blowers and made some girl call 911 like a hero.

The firefighters came later and they all laid on top of him for some reason. I told them no need to thank me, I'm just doing my duty to society and knowing I save one citizen at a time is reward enough.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dave_Indeed posted:

In college I worked at Sears in the fitness department. I was J chillen on a treadmill and this nerd mother gently caress starts looking like he's got to sneeze, then just falls into a bunch of poo poo, shaking like a fool. I flew into action. Needless to say I looked fly as hell. Anyhow, I dragged this bitch away from the snow blowers and made some girl call 911 like a hero.

The firefighters came later and they all laid on top of him for some reason. I told them no need to thank me, I'm just doing my duty to society and knowing I save one citizen at a time is reward enough.

Idgi

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Favorite co-worker got two fingers degloved about ten years ago. I thought that was terrible.....paled in comparison to seeing a guy get his right arm drawn into a tire-driven roller. It straight up removed all of the flesh from the bottom side of his arm from his elbow to his armpit. I didn't see the arm thing happen in person but the aftermath was horrible and then we had to watch the video afterward.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Worked with some sparkys at an industrial job site where somebody removed the lockout on a big rear end 3 phase setup and cooked 2 guys. On the bright side they died instantly. On the down side they looked like uncle Owen from the first Star Wars

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

My brother is an EMT/firefighter down near Orlando, he sent me these pics from a run they did a few weeks ago of a diabetic who let his foot turn into this:

:nms::nms: http://i.imgur.com/nE3xjdu.jpg :nms::nms:
:nms::nms: http://i.imgur.com/vFP6pqL.jpg :nms::nms:

He says he will never ever forget the smell for the rest of his life.

Synthetic Violence
Oct 18, 2012

Fuck machine.
Grimey Drawer

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Worked with some sparkys at an industrial job site where somebody removed the lockout on a big rear end 3 phase setup and cooked 2 guys. On the bright side they died instantly. On the down side they looked like uncle Owen from the first Star Wars

Don't gently caress with the electron.

Never seen anything myself. Always been lucky. I wear my arc flash suit now, though.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

What is the logic behind removing a lockout? "Eh yeah this big padlock and warning sign probably isn't important, better remove it and turn all this poo poo back on."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

haljordan posted:

My brother is an EMT/firefighter down near Orlando, he sent me these pics from a run they did a few weeks ago of a diabetic who let his foot turn into this:

:nms::nms: http://i.imgur.com/nE3xjdu.jpg :nms::nms:
:nms::nms: http://i.imgur.com/vFP6pqL.jpg :nms::nms:

He says he will never ever forget the smell for the rest of his life.

i want to scrape off the yellow bits and spread it on a cracker

• Locked thread