Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Coworkers used to always throw this african guy in the bin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
This alcoholic used to come in and have a seizure and break a bone and get blood everywhere like every 8 weeks

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

i think i know that guy. is he dead now?

Im not sure but he seems to get knocked down, then get up again. Wont ever let em keep him down.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Me and my coworkers were watching this dead kid get cpr after being hit by a train. Someone said something funny and we were all smoking ciggies and giggling when they were putting the big sheet on him. Was kind of surreal.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once we had portaloos in the loading bay. We're watching this truck driver take like 30 attempts to back in and a guy goes to take a poo poo in the portaloo. We tell him its a bad idea but he does it anyway. The truck backed into the portaloo and the guy came flying out.

The next day with a broken portaloo leaking poo poo everywhere the grease trap overflowed into the loading bay. I cant describe the smell but it was pretty horrendous.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

Saw a dude cut the end of his thumb off on the deli slicer once, that was pretty metal.

I was in management at a supermarket for ages and the funny thing when this happens is you write them up for not following proper procedure. Real insult to injury.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Nation posted:

I saw a huge maori guy get off his fork lift to talk to someone and while he was talking the brake came off and it killed him

he grew up in the same town in NZ as my family and was my only lunch friend :/

A contractor at one of the hardware division stores in my old town was unloading a scissor lift in the rain at like 5am and it slipped and squashed him dead and he was the only one there. Bad way to go. Someone had to start their shift to a dead guy in the loading bay.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Avocados posted:

Is this whats under those giant bandages old people have covering weirdly colored portions of their limbs?

My mum worked at a pharmacy that did wound dressing. You dont wanna know whats under there.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Son of Rodney posted:

at the supermarket I was working at I saw the chainsmoking girl who got pregnant still smoking for a couple of months. not a lot but I was kinda shocked. Baby turned out fine and reading some of this stuff I feel really fortunate that I didn't see worse things.

Everyone smokes in supermarkets. Regular staff its probably like twice the average and managment will all smoke, pregnant or not.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Forklifts are small but weigh a ton or more so tgeir destructive power is huge.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
A guy punched me in the face once it owned. I milked it and took a 5 day weekend.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

The weirdest thing I ever saw on the job was a guy masturbating a retard...

That is weird

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I saw this guy washing his feet in the bathroom sink. Sitting on the counter, both feet in the sink. It was pretty silly.

Maybe he pooped on his feet. Maybe I pooped on his feet.

Some devout muslims do this before they pray. I think its a good idea. Get my feet feeling fresh after lunchtime.

Learned this when i was always seeing this butcher with no shoes on the bathroom

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kizurue posted:

State inmate: Some random guy just gets bored one day and takes a staple and sharpens it on the cement. Proceed to slit his sack from top to bottom because he didn't think the pictures in the medical books he had were correct. When he finally tells staff 3 days later he grabs his sack to show us and squeezed to hard to where a testicle popped out.

So many stories about the weird poo poo inmates at the state do to their junk. Only met one fed inmate who cut the whole sack off, put it in a milk carton and handed it to a CO.

New orange is the new black is shaping up to be a monster.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I didnt read applewhites post but i stand with el spider

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once like 4 of us held rhis guy down while a security guard kicked this shoplifter in the nuts for 20minutes while the cops were arriving.

The cops showed up and said 'no one touched him right?' And took him away.

Next day the cops brought in made up statements for us all to sign saying no one touched him.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
All i had yesterday was tuna, beer and codeine. Now im at work and cant stop making GBS threads.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The new big big boss is my old little boss. Im gonna use this to slack off even more.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Whats HF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Crazyeyes posted:

As the other guy said HF is Hydrofluoric Acid. It fucks with the calcium in your bones/blood, among other stuff, to create calcium fluoride and gently caress up your nervous system and cause organ failure. You treat HF burns and associated blood poisoning by basically pumping huge amounts of calcium into your body to (hopefully) pick up all the loose HF molecules before they gently caress with your innards too much. If you work with the stuff regularly you usually have to carry Calcium Gluconate packs with you at all times.

Amputation is almost always needed and something like 2% body coverage is pretty much fatal.

Some gnarly stuff. Unfortunately it is incredibly important to a lot of chemistry and pharmaceutical work.

Yikes

• Locked thread