Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
one time there was a big department meeting where the department had reserved a meeting room, but a middle management guy from a different department had someone in it switch the outlook calendars around so that they were actually in somebody else's meeting room and fired all 31 of them for the outlook changes he had made. a bunch of people got together to try to get the big boss to undo the firings but nothing ever came of it like always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
oh, same department, same big boss appointed a new middle manager guy who literally has never worked in or with the department even though the last several managers came in the same way and were absolutely incompetent at their job :rolleyes:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

El Spider posted:

I'm hoping that he just happened to make a post that was in very poor taste, because I retracted a ban I had queued after people vouched for him. I'm looking into it unless people want to dig through his posts for me and convince me he probably wasn't being ironic

lol that in addition to not reading gbs you also don't look at the front page i guess?

http://www.somethingawful.com/author/152/

http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/clickbait-ads-articles/

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/drwho-episode-ideas/1/

he's one of the few goons who still contributes a lot of content to this site and banning him for a poo poo joke proves how goddam incompetent you're gonna be in this position

edit: just from the first page of googling "applewhite something awful" fyi

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

LadyAmbien posted:

I think modding on GBS is probably one of the most challenging positions on the site because it's really hard to figure out where to draw the line

i don't think this is true at all. the difficulty isn't from gbs, but from appointing mods who a. don't read gbs (el spider, mandatory lesbian, et al) or b. people who read gbs but hate it (franco, ralp). and then even when mods aren't appointed from that group (gnarly, social vegan as ik), you had somebody like ralp who hates gbs lording over them and preventing them from doing anything worthwhile with the forum

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Applewhite posted:

Gnarly is a good mod and I consider him a Forum Friend.

gnarly is a great mod absolutely. my understanding is that he biggest reason he burnt out so much had nothing to do with gbs posters and everything to do with dealing with ralp tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

nomadologique posted:

it's cool you're at least trying to do a good job and willing to be flexible. as much cannot be said for past moderation attempts.

yeah tbf to el spider that isn't something that say franco would've done regardless of how wrong he was

• Locked thread