Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
One time we portscanned a like a /12 instead of the client network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

symbolic posted:

en ingles por favor

We ran an in depth multilayered security audit against like a million internet pcs instead of our customer's network.

Interesting to see all the Nanoggy ppl flipping out about it in our inbox

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Applewhite posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Awesome. I was worried we wouldn't have any more bitchmade moderation around here after Ralp's departure.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

SquadronROE posted:

I once saw this piece of code in a code review where someone tried to use double quotes to express a string in SQL. It has been the funniest most tragic thing I've ever seen aside from some weirdo not explicitly declaring a variable's type.

One of my old coworkers was told to add a clock with hours, minutes, seconds on a page.

He wrote an AJAX function that queried the remote server every second to get the current time.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Solice Kirsk posted:

This may be the biggest dick head thing I've ever seen done by any father to his son short of literally loving him. A father takes out a life insurance policy on his son when he was a child and he pumps the thing full of cash value (basically means that the life insurance is worth something even if the insured doesn't die). He keeps this policy in place and building cash value for about 30 something years. He then takes out all the loans he can against the policy leaving just barely enough cash value to keep the thing in place for a couple more years before it will eventually lapse and and cause a taxable event for all the gain that was taken out of the contract. He then "gifts" the policy to his son (making him the owner of it) as a birthday gift showing him old statements with all the cash value and no loans on the policy. Years go by and this guy thinks his dad just basically gave him several hundred thousands of dollars.....until he gets the letter from the insurance company telling him he needs to pay $10,000 to keep the policy in place for another year or its going to lapse. This is when I enter the picture and find out that there was almost $350,000 in taxable gains in the loans that the son is going to have to pay since he is now owner of the contract and he sure as hell can't afford it.

That's lovely, but I'm having a hard time understanding how the son is liable for the fraud committed by the father. Shouldn't he be able to file a police report and give that to the IRS to cancel the tax liability?

• Locked thread